• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with a new problem

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Hi Group

I have encountered a new problem for me anyway. I had Windows 7 installed on both my laptop and my desktop on Monday and reinstalled the game and the full build 14 beta. On the desktop the game played great. On the laptop today the game appears to play fine, but all the text is fuzzy and illegible. I am sure it is some setting I missed somewhere. The computer is an Dell xps 17. Any idea what I am missing here?

High... The only other person who reported this changed it and it made the text unfuzzed again

Ok, Ideally what should they be? I have fiddled with them a little but nothing seemed to help.

Maybe it is an idea to email (or memstick) yourself the files you have set correctly on your desktop and retrieve them on your laptop and place them over the 'originals'.
That way you are sure they are the same and if the problem is still occuring you know it should be a Win7/Graphigcard problem or something.

Thanks guuys, I got it fixed. Now, remind where the arcade setting is, the to give you warining when you enter a hostile area.

Thanks again

An hopefully the last of these questions, why am I not seeing the ports in the sail to menu? I am sure that is also some setting.

That is part of the realisitic mode still :facepalm

You need to sail to the port once manually to enable load to them :yes

(NEW GAME required not to do this from start of game with arcade mode on)

Hi Alex, welcome to the forums.

Note that this is a 2010 thread -- exactly a decade old! :facepalm

From what I gather, the answer is to check your game's settings (including any configuration text files) and set graphics level to "high".

Guys,

I fix it (see attachments) - compare results.

How I fix it:
1. Go to "intel hd graphics control panel"
2. Tab 3D options -> "quality"
3. Tab Power Options -> "Maximum Performance"
:woot

Attachments

• Compare.png
    Compare.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
(The one thing I forgot to mention -- the graphics card software settings. :facepalm) Glad to hear it's fixed, and thanks for sharing the solution for anyone else who may have the same problem. :onya

Back