• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I don't even...

Cancelled? Wow, it took them long enough. Of course we completely lost interest once we saw it went into the direction of being really quite stupid. See attached screenshot. :facepalm

Thanks for letting us know!

Attachments

• 285787_full.jpg
    285787_full.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 77
Yeah I thought the rotating cannons were a bit out of place, but I don't think it was that bad. In fact I thought it was pretty cool lol. It may not be historically accurate of course, but don't forget this is a game where things don't necessarily have to make 100% sense. In any case I welcomed a new piratey adventure, but it seems that won't be the case :l.

When this game was originally announced by Akella in 2004, it was supposed to be based on Rafael Sabatini's literary classic Captain Blood. Unfortunately, after the game license was purchased by 1C in 2005, they decided to move away from that over the many years of development and try for the typical console game strategy of big explosion, lots of blood and mindless gameplay.

I have been following this games development closely, and it's an even bigger disappointment to me because the creative crew behind this, is the same group of people that worked on the original classic Sea Dogs and POTC. The game it's self was actually completed back in 2010, 1C even put up an official web page anticipating it's launch. 1C has consistently denied rumors that the game was canceled over the past couple of years, they apparently just can not reach a deal with a publisher. :shrug

Back