• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Item Transfer Does Not Correctly Update Skills

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
No officer leveled up until I got the share experience perk and then they took off. They are leveling up now as Voysey is now level 6.

There is another thing going on. When I equip them with items that increase a skill nothing happens for them but I do get the bump.

That second thing sounds like it is related to my work.
Are you saying their skill items affect you? Or that skill items only work when the player is carrying them?
I'll check tonight.

Oh, sorry for not updating. I removed the items from the officers, went to another map and then gave the items back to them and they do work now.

Oh, sorry for not updating. I removed the items from the officers, went to another map and then gave the items back to them and they do work now.
Thanks for confirming; sounds like my fix worked then! :cheers

Keep an eye out for similar situations with skill contributions not updating when they should.
For game performance, those numbers are now ONLY recalculated if they NEED to be.
And that "need" has to be correctly coded in or it won't update, like what happened in this particular example.

There may be other similar situations of this. That's the price we have to pay for our smooth performance in 3D sailing mode now.
But once we catch them all, it'll be so much better than it was! :woot

Back