• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow - Fred Bob is Confused

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Just tried to Hire Fred Bob ( Help the Boatswain sidequest ) in the Jack Sparrow Quest.

Think Fred Bob is also a tavernkeeper on Turks ? - can't remember where.

When talking to Fred Bob at St Pierre - I get the Tavern keeper dialog. See Image :rofl tried hiring a room and was transported up the beach - a day passed.

There appears to be 2 sets of Fred Bob_dialog files - one is in PROGRAM - storyline - JackSparrow - dialogs ( for the tavernkeeper )

The other for the Hire the Boatswain side quest is in PROGRAM -dialogs.

Not sure what should be done - suppose I hire him as an Officer then meet him as the tavernkeeper - Fred Bob has an Identical Twin :rofl

This is where I go and lie down somewhere quiet with something nice to drink

:cheers

Attachments

• PotC Sparrow-Fred_Bob.jpg
    PotC Sparrow-Fred_Bob.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 96
  • -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port. October 6th, 1740.7z
    542.1 KB · Views: 64
  • error.log
    456 bytes · Views: 87
  • compile.log
    18.2 KB · Views: 79
  • system.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 120
This will be a problem! Indeed there ARE two characters with the exact same ID.
Two options:
1. Disable the "Fred Bob" sidequest in the Jack Sparrow storyline (no fun! :whipa )
2. Replace "Fred Bob" the tavern keeper with another character altogether

I like #2! Do we have any forum members who deserve a place as tavern keeper on Turks?
@Armada already took over from "me" in the Devlin Opera storyline. We could have him here as well or give somebody else the honour.

Two options:

2. Replace "Fred Bob" the tavern keeper with another character altogether

I like #2! Do we have any forum members who deserve a place as tavern keeper on Turks?
@Armada already took over from "me" in the Devlin Opera storyline. We could have him here as well or give somebody else the honour.

How about @Hylie Pistof - a great name for a tavern keeper :rofl

or @Levis

Will have to find a new model - though I think @Hylie Pistof has a favourite that he likes to play as -- La Croix or very similar.

:drunk

I don't care. I play as an old gray haired curmudgeon and the first gray haired character I come across is La Croix. In fact in the game I am currently playing I went native and am an old Indian.

I guess Talisman wan't to be a smuggler so maybe @Grey Roger ?
I don't think I've done enough to warrant such an honour. If I do, perhaps somewhere in the "Hornblower" story would be more appropriate since that's where I've done most work. ;)

I don't care.
Just to clarify here... Do you not care about taking up the place of Fred Bob as tavern owner in Turks?
Or do you not care about what model is used? :confused:

I don't think I've done enough to warrant such an honour. If I do, perhaps somewhere in the "Hornblower" story would be more appropriate since that's where I've done most work. ;)
I'd be quite happy to give either of you the spot. But one of you does need to approve of "being in the game". :facepalm

I do agree some spot in the Hornblower storyline would make the most sense for you.
But it doesn't matter so much though; the other modder characters in Jack Sparrow didn't necessarily work on that particular storyline either.
And you certainly HAVE been doing a lot over the past months to keep PotC modding alive.
Your comments and support have been extremely valuable to me at least to maintain progress and to know what direction to work towards.

It works fine for me to be a tavern keeper. I spent many a year searching different bars looking for the perfect margarita. That quest started when I ran out of salt on the job one day. When that happens it is like a battery running down. That taught me to stay salty. :g2

Then there was another bar that had this "Around the World in 60 beers" club. You had 90 days to drink 60 beers from all around the world. Then you would get a tshirt, mug, and your name on a plaque on the wall. The most expensive beer was German and cost $24 and the worst was a San Francisco beer made the old fashioned way using steam. Anchor Steam Beer, Porter. I did that 3 times before the local Puritans shut the place down. :rumgone

I don't care what model is used as long as he has gray hair.

@Hylie Pistof it is then!
Code:
  ch.old.name = "Hylie";
   ch.old.lastname = "Pistof";
   ch.name = TranslateString("","Hylie");
   ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Pistof");
   ch.id     = "Hylie Pistof";
   ch.model   = "Eugene_Martin";
   ch.sex = "man";
   ch.loyality = 15;
   ch.alignment = "good";
   ch.sound_type = "seaman";
   ch.nation   = PIRATE;
   ch.location   = "";
   ch.location.group = "";
   ch.location.locator = "";
   ch.Dialog.Filename = "Hylie Pistof_dialog.c";
   ch.greeting = "Gr_Everard Gordon";
Somebody might want to rewrite the dialog a bit though; it's very Fred Bob-ey. :wp

This should now functionally work, but does require a New Game to be started for the change to take effect.

@Grey Roger: When you get to expanding the Hornblower storyline, feel free to add a cameo for yourself too.
As far as I'm concerned, you do deserve it. :onya

This should now functionally work, but does require a New Game to be started for the change to take effect.

:ahoy

Does not work - :(

Do I need to rename the Fred Bob_dialog.c file in PROGRAM - Storyline - JackSparrow - Dialogs to "Hylie Pistof_dialog.c"; :shrug

:rumgone

Last edited:
I already did that, but didn't bother to delete the original ones yet.
Will do that next week. In the meantime I'll reopen this one.

I started A new game as Jack Sparrow - when Sailing with Thomas the Terror I went to Martinique ( landed at Octopus Bay ) went to St Pierre Port Talked to Orable -

Then Went to Talk to Fred Bob - his dialog is still the Tavernkeeper ( I think) but it it is now all mixed up ( even for him) :rofl

I also renamed the Fred Bob_dialog.c file in Program - Storyline -Jack Sparrow - dialogs . :shrug To Fred Bob_dialog_OBSOLETE to try and stop him using the tavern keeper dialog

save is just before talking to Orable.

EDIT :-
Is the Fred Bob_dialog.c in PROGRAM - dialogs using the Fred Bob_dialog.h from PROGRAM - Storyline -JackSparrow - Dialogs -English ?? :rofl Rather than the one in PROGRAM - Dialogs - English :shrug

:drunk

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique. Saint Pierre port. June 23rd, 1740.7z
    477.6 KB · Views: 64
  • error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 96
  • compile.log
    33.7 KB · Views: 103
  • system.log
    115.9 KB · Views: 101
  • PotC JS Fred Bob1.jpg
    PotC JS Fred Bob1.jpg