• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow - Justine Le Moigne

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Jack Sparrow Side Quest - Justine Le Moigne completed sucessfully :cheers

Only major problem here:- http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/jack-sparrow-capt-magee-not-appearing-in-havana-port.25873/

Some small "cosmetic " problems - see images

1) when rescuing Justine from Davy Jones ( on his ship Deck ) her dialog refers to "Cayman" rather than Martinique ( I think this is because she is using the same dialog file as Eliz Shaw )

2) - the small chest you are given when you talk to the body on Baie d'Orient on St Martin - the item description text F2 - items - Quest Items refers to Eliz Shaw version of Quest --- also the chest is still in players inventory when quest ends - perhaps the Martinique governor could take it when you give Justine back to him - or the Havana Port Admiral earlier on.

3) - In the final big fight between Davy Jones' crew and the St Pierre soldiers - Davy's crew obviously got bored after they had killed them all so they started fighting among themselves :rofl - not sure if this is supposed to happen - I just looked round when I was running away to see who was chasing me and saw this . :D

:duel:

Attachments

• PotC Justine Dialog.jpg
    PotC Justine Dialog.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 73
  • PotC Justine Chest.jpg
    PotC Justine Chest.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 78
  • PotC Justine Davy Crew Fight.jpg
    PotC Justine Davy Crew Fight.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
1) when rescuing Justine from Davy Jones ( on his ship Deck ) her dialog refers to "Cayman" rather than Martinique ( I think this is because she is using the same dialog file as Eliz Shaw )
Copy the Elizabeth Shaw dialog.h file to PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH and change this line:
Code:
"In this case, it will be your father. But we must not waste time, we need to sail to #sisland_Falaise de Fleur# as quickly as possible. I don't think your «lover» will desist from you so easily.",
There are some references in that file to Philipsburg too. Is that correct for Jack Sparrow?

2) - the small chest you are given when you talk to the body on Baie d'Orient on St Martin - the item description text F2 - items - Quest Items refers to Eliz Shaw version of Quest --- also the chest is still in players inventory when quest ends - perhaps the Martinique governor could take it when you give Justine back to him - or the Havana Port Admiral earlier on.
That is this description, isn't it?
Code:
itmname_small_chest   {Small Chest}
itmdescr_small_chest
{
The documents in this chest prove that the ship that sank at Baie d'Orient was indeed the British frigate 'Lightning'. It says: 'The ship is sinking. We are being dragged down. Now we will never find Miss Shaw. My governor will be so disappointed.' - Captain Thomas Boulden Thompson.
}
Do you have any proposal of what needs changing? Obviously the "Miss Shaw" part and possibly make it a French frigate with a French captain too.
Probably should be a completely different item so it can have a different description.

Is the chest taken from you in the normal Sidequest version?

3) - In the final big fight between Davy Jones' crew and the St Pierre soldiers - Davy's crew obviously got bored after they had killed them all so they started fighting among themselves :rofl - not sure if this is supposed to happen - I just looked round when I was running away to see who was chasing me and saw this . :D
Not intentional and VERY weird because all of them are being moved into the SAME AI group! :shock

Copy the Elizabeth Shaw dialog.h file to PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\ENGLISH and change this line:
Code:
"In this case, it will be your father. But we must not waste time, we need to sail to #sisland_Falaise de Fleur# as quickly as possible. I don't think your «lover» will desist from you so easily.",
There are some references in that file to Philipsburg too. Is that correct for Jack Sparrow?

:yes Philipsburg - is correct

That is this description, isn't it?
Code:
itmname_small_chest   {Small Chest}
itmdescr_small_chest
{
The documents in this chest prove that the ship that sank at Baie d'Orient was indeed the British frigate 'Lightning'. It says: 'The ship is sinking. We are being dragged down. Now we will never find Miss Shaw. My governor will be so disappointed.' - Captain Thomas Boulden Thompson.
}
Do you have any proposal of what needs changing? Obviously the "Miss Shaw" part and possibly make it a French frigate with a French captain too.
Probably should be a completely different item so it can have a different description.

Is the chest taken from you in the normal Sidequest version?

Miss Shaw - Ship Name & Captain are all that needs changing I think --- as far as I know it is from the normal side quest

Not intentional and VERY weird because all of them are being moved into the SAME AI group! :shock

They are Fish People - they don't have any brains :rofl

:cheers

Miss Shaw - Ship Name & Captain are all that needs changing I think --- as far as I know it is from the normal side quest
If anyone has any clever or funny suggestions for a doomed French ship and her captain....

Justine's name and dialog should be fixed now and I made a custom version of the "Small Chest" item for Jack Sparrow:

upload_2015-9-26_14-30-20.png

So I think this is "Fixed" too.

I don't know what's up with Davy's crew, but I'm inclined to just leave that.... :wp

Back