• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow - No Turks Tavern keeper

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In latest Beta 4

After Takeover of Turks by Brotherhood - there is no tavern keeper ( Hylie did not want the job :( ).

Or is it because I just reinitialized and did not start a completely new game.

@Hylie Pistof - please come back - all is forgiven - you can even have free drinks :drunk

:rumgone

Attachments

• PotC JS TurksTavern.jpg
    PotC JS TurksTavern.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 66
  • error.log
    6.9 KB · Views: 96
  • compile.log
    16.1 KB · Views: 82
  • system.log
    3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Plenty perks errors @Levis:
Code:
PERK ERROR: perk  doesn't have a type

[...]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks.c; line: 93
missed attribute: type
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks.c; line: 93
no rAP data

After Takeover of Turks by Brotherhood - there is no tavern keeper ( Hylie did not want the job :( ).

Or is it because I just reinitialized and did not start a completely new game.
Character initialization may not work correctly through Reinit in a savegame, so that might indeed be the cause.
However, I would have expected error.log messages and/or a compile.log note about "missing character ID".
But that may have happened when Hylie got instated there, which could have been days before you noticed he wasn't there.

To be sure, please try to execute this line through console:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Hylie Pistof"), "Turks_Tavern", "merchant", "goto3");
That should either put him there OR trigger the error logs I'm expecting to see.

:ahoy
Executed that code through the console - got screen message Missing Character Id Hylie Pistoff

Hylie not in tavern

Attached Save is in Turks store

:cheers

Attachments

• error.log
    478 bytes · Views: 88
  • compile.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 79
  • system.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 74
  • -=Player=- Turks.7z
    546.6 KB · Views: 55
@Talisman do you have the most recent version cause the perk init error should be fixed now....

@Talisman: That proves that indeed Hylie isn't initialized properly.
A new game should fix that.

There is a way to add characters in mid-game but I never use that.
If you like, I can figure that out tonight so you can continue with your save.

No its OK

I will start a new game and use the jump starts to do the Sao Feng Missing Bodyguards side quest.

I will start a new game and use the jump starts to do the Sao Feng Missing Bodyguards side quest.
If you are considering starting a new game anyway, perhaps you might want to wait until I've made various changes to the whole "nation relations" and "turning pirate" things throughout the storyline?
Not sure if that is worth it, but I thought I'd suggest it all the same. :doff

@Hylie Pistof - is running the Tavern in Grand Turk & providing the Best drinks, information, and service in the Caribbean. :thumbs1
That's after a new then, right? I even see the "generic tavern dialog options" working there, so this seems to be well and truly "Fixed".
Thanks for confirming! :woot

Back