• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Missing items

Plenty questions:
- Which modpack version? With or without extra fixes not included in the main EXE?
- You have any .log files from your main game folder?
- Possibly a savegame to test from?
- Are there any settings that you changed from the default?
- Under what conditions does that happen?

I tried the Standard Storyline tutorial on default settings yesterday and all items appeared just fine.

Latest Mod of 15 Nov, with Levis fix.
- playing with God mod ON, no powder for Guns, no food, manually skill leveling.
- first time notice with previous version mod pack of 05 Nov with Spparow, (without Levis fix). Most often missing items are new types of weapons (pair of guns, etc.).
Same settings as above, except auto skill leveling. Cannot start Black Perl Quest when Davy Jones come on shore with dialog, there is not any choice to make only lady to take to her father, getting bullet in the head from Davy, after that stuck in the game with Tia Dalma on board...
- Sometimes in the cpt cabin, there is "graphic anomally", glitch or bug, I dont now, which starts from main character back side, and fills all the screen
- During the battle, above the masts (in the sky), somethimes happend to have similar bug
- Once notice on main deck, looks like wall, very thin fence , from one side to another, but not stoping caracter to move
- Only time succeed to start Black Pearl & finish quest was with God mod off, Davy Jones ofers what to do in dialog. At the end board & take Daunteless, but she allways stays under English Flag, (my flag was personal or pirate).
- last one , which one I take a screeshoot was from New game, Nataniel Hawk in the Cpt. Cabin, after completing speigstown first quests (by common spyglass, sell goods, hire some crew...). Occur after trading with street merchant.
- Book "The Art of War", which is also in the chest, at the begining of the game, also disappear from inventory.
- Stuck with Malcom still occur, in the cabin you cannot finish the conversetion, or stuck on deck , or cannot finish the swordfighting, and cannot go shore in Speigstown.
- If you somehow manage to skip all this troubles with Malcom then strange thing happens on town gate, a few times was locked, and Lady from Mansion answers with some dialog...., pass that when GOD mode was off
- Game freezes somethimes when saving, and somethimes have Bad save, (last freeze and crash was in the tavern, after gambling, posted error log), but save was OK.
- How to upload saved file?

Cannot start Black Perl Quest when Davy Jones come on shore with dialog, there is not any choice to make only lady to take to her father, getting bullet in the head from Davy, after that stuck in the game with Tia Dalma on board...
I fixed that one last week: Fixed - Jack Sparrow: after Storm Scene, Davy Jones gives Justine Le Moigne instead of Black Pearl | PiratesAhoy!

- How to upload saved file?
ZIP it first, then upload.

Thanks,
try this one.
At the moment I have no time to test it; maybe tonight....

In the meantime, can you try another new game on default settings?
Remove the file named "options" from your main game folder to ensure you get the normal ones.

Also, we could still use any .log files you might have for these issues.

2 times tray, deafult settings, only cheat mode enabled.
- Pass Malcom
- Buy common spyglass, items are ok, book Art of War is in inventory
- Quest book updated
- Town gate locked....
- Cannot save infront of the gate

Screenshot

Screenshot

Attachments

• error.log
    150 bytes · Views: 68
  • compile.log
    17.4 KB · Views: 81
  • system.log
    14.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I'm not at all sure if your game is correctly installed. There will be another proper EXE update on Thursday.
And if I can, I'll do some early game tutorial tests myself again as well.
Though last time I tried, I also could not confirm this particular weirdness at all.

Ok, thanks for answering. I will make new clean install on Thursday then, with new update.
Until then,I will fight with this problems :), still cannot finish boarding :(, now boarding ship is alongside.
logs...

Attachments

• error.log
    721 bytes · Views: 80
  • compile.log
    37.3 KB · Views: 80
  • system.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 80
Just checked the items again and still cannot see anything wrong.
Sorry, but "Cannot Replicate". :shrug

also can't confirm

I sugest you try installing the game outside of program files.... and deleting your options file

Back