• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New governor for Grand Cayman in Elizabeth Shaw’s Disappearance quest

Autasko

Landlubber
Hello, last month I found out about this wonderful mod and since then I cant stop playing. Original PotC was game of my childhood so discovering this mod was truly blessing.

I just want to ask if there is any command to spawn original governor Shaw in Grand Cayman. One time I decided to replace government instead of ransoming it and it was sadly Grand Cayman. After hours of playing my new governor gave me quest to find his missing daugther. I saw that governor name in QB did not match current governor name but I went with it because I no longer had save before changing government and thought that if this new governor gave me this quest I would also be able to finish it. Everything was fine until last phase of quest when Davy Jones is chasing me and I need to take Elizabeth back to her father Governor Shaw but he is no longer governor and I cant find him. When I go to governor office I cant talk to Elizabeth or the new governor - understandably.

So I wanted to know if there is any workaround to finish this quest via console or I need to reload to save when Davy Jones is not chasing me and leave this quest in QB unfinishied on my current run.

I am playing original story of Nathaniel Hawk - Tales of Sea Hawk.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Huh, this is weird?
I'd expect any replacement governor to keep the same dialog file and therefore allow the quest to continue, even if the names no longer make sense.
But you're saying there is now no governor anymore at all?
Have you any clue when he went missing...?

Also, is this on regular Build 14?
Or the newer standalone versions (Maelstrom/Beyond New Horizons)?

Indeed when you change a colony's governor - you don't. The character is still the same, now with a new name, new face and possibly new voice greeting if you captured the colony for a different nation. The dialog file remains the same, which is why you were even able to take the quest in the first place. So if the governor is not talking, something else is wrong.

Exactly how far have you got? Have you fought Davy Jones' crew outside the town hall, or have you only just landed in Grand Cayman?

Back