• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ORIGINAL Akella Post-Ending Jack Sparrow Sidequest + Russian Patch Files

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
@Artess999 just informed me that in the original Russian v1.0.3 patch that included the "depp.gm" character model, there was more than just a model; there was a QUEST:

Code:
        case "end_game":             pchar.quest.main_line = "completed";             Characters[GetCharacterIndex("researcher")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "First time";             Characters[GetCharacterIndex("danielle")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "First time";             pchar.quest.danielle_death.over = "yes";             SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("danielle"), true);             SetCharacterRemovable(characterFromID("researcher"), true);             characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].model = "Depp";             characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].headModel = "h_depp";             characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].name = "Джек";             characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].lastname = "Воробей";             LAi_SetHP(characterFromID("Isenbrandt Jurcksen"), 128.0, 128.0);             characters[GetCharacterIndex("Isenbrandt Jurcksen")].dialog.currentnode = "third time";             LaunchMainMenu();         break;

Artess999 said:
This is his dialog (autotranslated, I'm to lazy to translate it manually)
[14:44]
"...", "Who do I see! the guy who sank my ship!", " What do you mean?", "'Black Pearl'. Barbossa raised a riot and took her away from me, and landed me on a desert island.", "I see you managed to escape...", " yes, I have some tricks to my heart. By the way, I can make you happy - Barbossa and his henchmen are immortal, and they will fix the Pearl ' in the very near future.", "Yes. but...", " No buts, boy, so it will be, believe me. The curse that weighs on these people cannot be lifted just like that.", " It will be seen there.", " What brought you to me?", " Yes, in general, nothing.", "("(To Macho): Ha! I'll see, are you already afraid to appear alone? I brought some youngster with me!", " (Machado to the head of the pirates): Calm down, let's talk about business better.", " I don't know who you are, but if you don't get out now, I'll feed you to the sharks!", "...", "(Addressing you): Bah, you're the same guy who sank the Pearl!", " So what?", " (To Machado): About business, so about business, what do you have to me?", " (Machado to the head of the pirates): How is that?! In my opinion, it's your people who don't let me do business in peace!", " In principle, the 'service' guy is a big word. I just need you to return the Black Pearl to me.", "She sank! I personally let her go to the bottom.", "I'm disappointed with you! You failed my task!", " I'm sorry...", " Sunk. And now I will also send you to the next world, agrh!", "The Pearl is standing in my harbor! I can't believe it!",(edited)
" Believe me. And give me my reward.", "Is worth it... only I changed my mind about giving it to you.", "I could use a guy like you. And I'll pay you more than Machado. What do you say?", " Ha! This is the best offer I've ever had! Of course, I agree!", " I'm not for sale, remember this!", " Loyalty is a good quality, but anyway, my business is to offer, your business is to refuse. Nothing personal, as they say. Heh-heh.", "(Machado to the head of the pirates): Stop luring people away from me! And let's get back to business! Why on earth did your people stop me from doing business?", "smuggler_line_3", "(To Machado): My people? Disturb you? Are you crazy? We will lose more from this, because we ourselves use your services from time to time, and you accept the goods from us without any questions.", " (Machado to the head of the pirates): Hmm... And then who is sinking my ships? I have information that the coastal brotherhood is to blame for this.", " (To Machado): Did it ever occur to you that it could be the guys from Duvezen?", "(Machado to the head of the pirates): I have already talked to them, they also deny their guilt.", " (To Machado): Then I don't even know... But my people definitely have nothing to do with it, so look for your 'pirates' elsewhere.", "(Machado to the head of the pirates): Okay... I'm sorry that I interrupted you from your work.", " (To Machado): Yes, for God's sake. Goodbye.", "(Machado to the head of the pirates): Goodbye.", " That's great!", " Of course! I've always dreamed of being a pirate!", "(Machado to both): no, it won't work that way!", " Yes, calm down, go back to yourself and live in peace.", "(Machado): Agrh! I'll come back, but you're not going back anywhere!", "It's a pity, of course, but I'll have to kill you.",(edited)
"Did it ever occur to you that the curse that hangs over these people allowed them to repair the 'Pearl'?", " To be honest, no...", " So this happened. I don't know if you've heard or not, but before the 'Pearl' belonged to me, and I would like to return it.", " Fight with the damned?!", " Don't be afraid! First of all, you have greatly weakened them by using an ancient Indian artfact...", " And secondly?", " Secondly, I will give you one guy to help you.", " Persuaded, the devil is tongue-tied.", " That's great. As soon as you grab the pearl, come back to me.", " Okay.", "And how sorry I am! Now leave me alone.", "Goodbye.", " We'll see, we'll see. Defend yourself!", " Who would say!", " Here is your reward, and at the same time let me offer you my own ship as a replacement.", "And I will not think of refusing!", " Then I will have to take it by force!", " Defend yourself!",
[14:45]
Btw, " Secondly, I will give you one guy to help you.", is Will
[14:45]
But he have no additional dialog lines comparing with other officers(edited)
[14:47]
Funny thing that his in game name is ... 'Orlando'

[14:49]
#QUEST pirate_line Capture of the 'Black Pearl' #TEXT 1 The head of the pirates suggested that I capture the 'Black Pearl', which rose from Hell. I think that damned ship still oversees the waters of the island of Kael Roa. #TEXT 2 The 'Pearl' has been captured. Now you can go back to the leader of the pirates. #TEXT 3 The Pearl has been sunk. I don't think it makes sense to return to the pirate leader now. #TEXT 4 I killed the pirate leader. #TEXT 5 After learning about the sinking of the Pearl, the head of the pirates refused to have any further business with me. #TEXT 6 I handed over the Pearl to the head of the pirates, receiving money and his former ship as a reward.

This patch also includes two previously unknown ship models:
So looks like "Prophecy" is Jack ship, while "Barrakuda" is from other quest line
Didn't researched yet
He has uploaded the Russian files, so we can look at them; and maybe possibly perhaps actually re-introduce this in some form to New Horizons!

Anyone interested in looking at ALL the Russian update files...? :rolleyes:

So is anyone up for actually doing something with these files?
It seems like a royal waste to let this stuff continue to gather digital dust...
We probably don't want to do much with the quest stuff as we've been doing our own work on "Tales of a Sea Hawk", not least of which is your own work in separating out all the sidequests so they can be played in other storylines. And I definitely won't touch anything in "Modules", or different versions of "Engine.exe" or "Config.exe". The last time we tried something from a Russian version of "Modules", it broke the sea graphics.

Ships "Barrakuda" and "Frigate3" both look the same, and they look pretty much like the green frigate from the stock game:
frigate3.jpg

"Prophecy" looks like a retextured corvette:
prophecy.jpg
It's not quite the same, though - it has more guns, for a start.

There's a different version of character model "depp", or more precisely, a different texture. Ours on the left, Russian on the right:
depps.jpg

If I have time, I'll maybe try putting the ships into PoTC and see if (a) they work, and (b) they're up to the level of detail seen on "New Horizons" ships. (If not, "Barrakuda/Frigate3" could probably be upgraded by importing rigging and extras from our improved Mefisto as that's basically a retextured stock frigate as well.)

The younger-looking "depp" could easily be renamed and added in, and possibly incorporated into the "Jack Sparrow" storyline. You get the "depp" model right at the start ("For those players who REALLY can't wait"), then it's assigned properly later in the story when you turn pirate. Maybe give the player the younger version right at the start, then use the existing "depp" for the actual story.

We probably don't want to do much with the quest stuff as we've been doing our own work on "Tales of a Sea Hawk", not least of which is your own work in separating out all the sidequests so they can be played in other storylines.
Hmm... that's actually the part that most interests me...
Assuming the quest is decent enough; and it can be adapted to fit in somehow.

At first glance, there does seem to be some good entertainment value in there.

There's a different version of character model "depp", or more precisely, a different texture. Ours on the left, Russian on the right:
I think we used to have just the clean Russian version of "depp" in the mod.
It was sourced from this very Russian patch, after all.
Then someone (probably @Thomas the Terror) improved the texture; resulting in the one we have today.
I don't think there's much to be gained in putting the original Russian one back in, really...

Sorry to change the subject but I had to share this, I wish we could find this model of Blaze from the beta that would be very cool. (I found this screenshot on Google images and I've never seen it before!)

Attachments

• 60915739.jpg
    60915739.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 197

Last edited:
Sorry if this is late, but this was really interesting. I'm too lazy to pore into the dialogue though...what's going on exactly? Is Depp talking to Nathaniel?

If I have time, I'll maybe try putting the ships into PoTC and see if (a) they work, and (b) they're up to the level of detail seen on "New Horizons" ships. (If not, "Barrakuda/Frigate3" could probably be upgraded by importing rigging and extras from our improved Mefisto as that's basically a retextured stock frigate as well.)
Well, I tried. I haven't bothered with "Barrakuda" or "Frigate3" yet as they're basically just the stock game's "Frigate2". But I had a look at "Prophecy". Apart from needing a lot more rigging and a "deck" file to bring it up to NH standards, it also needs a cannon fire locator because one of the stern gun locators is missing. And I can't do any of this because TOOL won't read "prophecy.gm". In any case, it turns out that "Prophecy" is nothing more than the stock game "Corvette2" with a slightly darker texture. Stock "Corvette2.gm" also has a stern gun locator missing, and TOOL won't read it either. But if we really want to resurrect the stock corvette, "Corvette1" is almost the same model but with different stern lanterns and all four stern gun locators. (Incidentally, "Prophecy" does not have more guns than a normal corvette, it just has some of the gun locators wrongly numbered.)

Back to "Barrakuda"/"Frigate3"/stock "Frigate2". Instead of the weird green texture, it could perhaps have a blue and yellow scheme similar to "FR_Boussole", or a black and yellow scheme similar to the new "Frigate1" (which was designed as a replacement for the stock frigate). Or the green could be turned into a dark brown, and the ship used as a pirate frigate, possibly an alternative Queen Anne's Revenge for anyone who would prefer a more historically plausible ship to the film fantasy version.

In any case, the basic question is, do we want either the stock corvette or stock frigate back in the game?

In any case, the basic question is, do we want either the stock corvette or stock frigate back in the game?
I don't see much reason for that.
We already have updated versions of those ships, why basically add the old ones back?

Back