• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Portuguese Emissary Stands Through Chair

cpt. Toni

Sailor Apprentice
I came for promotion. Guy standing in the chair
Screenshot
During the promotion, governors daughter shown up, Screenshot and then starts the show. First grafical bug is occur....
Screenshot
and then, lady shown as another person, and other clothes.
Screenshot
I wonder what's next :rumgone
attached saves before, during & after promotion, so if any is interested maybe can replicate the problem.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Grenada. Saint George townhall July 1st, 1798 1.zip
    923.4 KB · Views: 79
  • -=Player=- Grenada. Saint George townhall July 1st, 1798 2.zip
    921.9 KB · Views: 80
  • -=Player=- Grenada. Saint George townhall July 1st, 1798 3.zip
    922 KB · Views: 84
  • -=Player=- Grenada. Saint George townhall July 1st, 1798.zip
    918.4 KB · Views: 80
Luis Vas de Torres standing through his chair was a simple mistake with an equally simple fix, so that will be sorted soon.

As for the governor's daughter, that last screenshot looks quite fine.
What do you mean by "another person"?

Do they have the same name? It is quite possible for the governor to have more than one female relation to introduce you to.
I've seen three around at the same time at some point.

You're playing in 1798, which is "Napoleonic". You may have noticed the British flag flying over the fort - by this time Grenada belongs to Britain, but because Britain and Portugal are friends, Britain allows the Portuguese envoy to stay in what is now the British governor's residence.

The standing man is the Portuguese envoy. The sitting man is almost certainly the British governor. They probably both have daughters.

I've seen three around at the same time at some point.
I've never seen a governor have more than one daughter, but I have seen two daughters in one residence. The above situation is one reason - two dignitaries in the same building, each with a daughter. Tortuga in "Early Explorers" holds the French governor and the English and Dutch envoys, which may be where you saw three ladies at once.

The other way to have two ladies in one residence is in "Tales of a Sea Hawk". If you rise in fame and rank with Britain before Silehard turns nasty, you get to meet his daughter. Silehard gets the chop, Brin takes over, but Miss Silehard is still in residence and in due time so is Miss Brin.

I was just writing "daughter" because it's quicker than writing "daughter or niece" every time. ;) I've never seen more than one female relative, then, per governor, otherwise I'd probably have tried to charm them both. As it is, by the end of "Tales of a Sea Hawk" a visit to Port Royale residence involves a two-night stay followed by a ship-hunting quest, resulting in everyone being happy and my reputation going down and up like a yo-yo. :D

Looking at "Dialog_func.c", the function which seems to control this is "SetupMR", the first line of which is:
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(govchar,"currentMR.relationtype")) return false;//MAXIMUS: prevents from doubled MRs in location
"govchar.currentMR.relationtype" is set further down and is either "daughter" or "niece" on the basis of some calculations. As far as I can tell, that means if you've already been offered one marriage candidate then you won't get another, which ought to make daughter and niece from the same governor impossible.

Last edited:
Maybe it happens if one of the ladies turns you down and THEN another one can be generated.
But the previous one stays in place?

The "Standing through chair" issue has been fixed. For the other issues, I don't have enough details to do anything with.
So I'm archiving this.

Back