• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Sinking the Vogelstruys Quest Loop

A.H

Privateer
COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks_init.c; line: 333
State read error
COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks_init.c; line: 333
State read error

I took the special governor quest which is a new update in recent version.. Im playing as french and my governor in port au prince asked me to find a dutch smuggler in bonnaire.

After I accepted.. I somehow spoke to governor again, and a repeated dialog happened.. so I chose the same quest option again and it got added on to my questbook twice.
seadogs2_0001.jpg

Moving on.. after I finished this quest, I went back to governor to report.. the exact same dialog happens where he asks me if I want a covert mission.. and there isn't an option to complete this quest.
seadogs2_0009.jpg

Attachments

• FreePlay.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Just to clarify, you mean THIS quest: Sinking The Vogelstruijs | PiratesAhoy!
Also known as what used to be the second half of the unfinished "La Croix" storyline that I split into a general sidequest.

What do you mean by "the governor asking you if you want to do a covert mission"? That doesn't sound familiar.
Do you perhaps have any screenshots of the governor dialogs you get?

And to be sure, do you have the very latest modpack update PLUS @Levis' new work included?
He did do some work on the governor quest dialog parts a few days ago and I wonder if that might be affecting it for some reason. :confused:

Yes I have all up to date including Levis' ZIP file.
The quest is correct, the vogel*******

With regards to the dialog... when you first speak to the governor, you both speak about how the spanish are mistreating french citizens.. then he asks you if you are interested in a mission.. then you got 2 options.. accept or not.

This same dialog model is shown AGAIN whether you accept it or not.. so when I did accept it.. I spoke to governor again and the exact same dialog reappeared with the talk about how spanish are mistreating french, then asking me if i want a mission, etc. and I accept quest again, and it gets double written on my questbook as you saw on the screenshot in first post.

I'll try to post a new shot of the dialog when I go back to port au prince.

Just to clarify, you mean THIS quest: Sinking The Vogelstruijs | PiratesAhoy!
Also known as what used to be the second half of the unfinished "La Croix" storyline that I split into a general sidequest.

What do you mean by "the governor asking you if you want to do a covert mission"? That doesn't sound familiar.
Do you perhaps have any screenshots of the governor dialogs you get?

And to be sure, do you have the very latest modpack update PLUS @Levis' new work included?
He did do some work on the governor quest dialog parts a few days ago and I wonder if that might be affecting it for some reason. :confused:
Unless someone has been rewriting the Vogelstruijs quest, governor dialogs should not have any effect. You don't talk to the governess (she's the lady standing to the side, partly because the guy you're talking to is no gentleman but mainly because female models have major graphics problems if they sit down). You talk to Contre-Amirale Cesar Beauregard, whose dialog.h file includes the following:
Code:
"In my travels, I have heard that the Spanish are treating French citizens with the utmost disregard.",
"The Spanish are known for their lack of respect for our countrymen. It is well known.",
"I am prepared to assist you. I have a sound ship and good crew and no love of the Spanish.",
"So you seek some covert operation?",

Yes this exact dialog keeps repeating whether you accept the quest once, twice, or more... and if you keep repeating the dialog and accepting.. the quest gets added on questbook as many times as you choose to accept the quest.. :rofl

Unless someone has been rewriting the Vogelstruijs quest, governor dialogs should not have any effect. You don't talk to the governess (she's the lady standing to the side, partly because the guy you're talking to is no gentleman but mainly because female models have major graphics problems if they sit down). You talk to Contre-Amirale Cesar Beauregard...
Ah, yes! Of course you're right.
Probably then there is no check in place to prevent it from looping. I'll check it tonight.
I don't remember ever testing this, so it is probably a real bug to be fixed. :yes

"Contre-Amirale Cesar Beauregard_dialog.c" is supposed to exit thus:
Code:
    case "Exit":
       DialogExit();
       NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
       break;
I'm not sure what that "NextDiag.TempNode" is supposed to do, but I am sure that there is no suitable dialog in "Contre-Amirale Cesar Beauregard_dialog.h" for a return visit before you've been and got the letter. If that exit code takes the dialog back to the default starting position then you will indeed repeatedly get the quest introduction dialog.

NextDiag.TempNode just sets him to the same "First Time" case that he always has.

I'll look into it later; should be an easy fix. :yes

Just to clarify this has nothing to do with my new smugglers quest ;) although during this quest you can start mine if it isn't started yet.
The error seems to be something I can't fix.

I confirmed and fixed the quest loop now, so that shouldn't happen anymore.

That being said, I have NO clue what happened to your savegame!
I can find absolutely zero evidence in your character attributes that you ever even started this quest.
Which makes no sense, because you DO have the questbook entries. All I can do is to suggest you try again. :facepalm

Reactions: A.H
Back