• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help some questions! ehehe i'm new!

Tonno

Landlubber
I started playing with gentlemen of fortune with jack aubrey,the game is awesome! but i have some question!
1-what are the difference playing dynamic combat-strategic combat?what is more realistic?
2-where I can buy the biggest ship like first second third rate ecc?in shipyard i only found tiny ships!
3-where is possible to repaint the ship?

these are my first question,but i think playing game i'll have others question to advance!:D
P.S. I played POTBS for 3 years,and I think this game is what i was looking for to change!much more realistic!

- Realistic ship yards means that you can only buy small ships. also, the biggest most bad ass ships can only be captured. It is also level related. if you are level one you shouldnt be able to get the max level vessels. you should also not that if you are level 1 captainiing a battleship. the hanicap will make the ship almost useless to you. You cant repaint a ship but most seem to have a variety to choose from whenever they are generated into game. its a case of pot luck. not sure about your first question

So if i turn off the realistic shipyard in mod option, when i will be at high level i can buy a rate?

if realists shipyars is turned off. i believe you may have to wait for a full day for the shis yards to reset (display a new selection of ships) before you can see them. I have never had this function turned off myself. I know that the encounters on the sea relate to your current rank so i asume that the same thing happens at the shipyard. As for what level you have to be in-order to buy curtain ranks i dont know exactly. all i can guarentee at the moment is, i character is level 37 and im fighting 3rd rates with the occasional 2nd rate ship.

Back