• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tenochtitlan

Romanmatt

Landlubber
In the tenochtitlan quest how do you use the one totem to get across the bridge. Because there is no way to use it or equip it
The other way, seems to be glitched. I cant find one of the totems. I got the one in the grass in the zone prior to tenochtitlan, but the other one (that is 2 lefts from portobello) appears not to be there
Am I just looking in the wrong place?

Yeah, you're just looking in the wrong place. All the totems are there, AFAIK. To get across with using just one totem you have to run through the fire, since the receptacle is on the other side.

In the tenochtitlan quest how do you use the one totem to get across the bridge. Because there is no way to use it or equip it
The other way, seems to be glitched. I cant find one of the totems. I got the one in the grass in the zone prior to tenochtitlan, but the other one (that is 2 lefts from portobello) appears not to be there
Am I just looking in the wrong place?

I bought both totems from the merchants... but it takes some time and luck. I knew from the beginning I will need them although they seems useless.

It'd be nice if they actually did something, wouldn't it? Like the one for the god of the sky and wind? I immediately assumed that it gave me better winds on the map. Unfortunately not so.. :(

<rant>
The winds were the thing that pissed me off the most in AOP (and pretty much any other top-down pirate sailing game, although I think POTC didn't have it). In COAS, rats take the cake, but they can be dealt with easily if you know how. Winds, not so much.
Every single pirate game I've played makes it so that if you go against the wind on the map, your ship goes slower. That. Is. Just. Frustrating. If you want to model different wind directions at all (and a good case can be made against it, since in COAS the point of sail attribute doesn't apply on the map, so wind direction is completely pointless as far as ships pursuing each other goes.... which is all that goes on in map mode). But if you do want it, the correct way to go about it is to make the ship icon move at the same speed but make the time go by faster. I don't give a $#|+ if it takes my ship a year of in-game time to get from one island to the next, but I do object if it takes five minutes of staring at nothing happenening in real time.
The purpose of the map mode is to enable the player to skip the boring bits, to make travel quick and easy. Slowing the ship down to a snail's pace undermines that and makes the travel long and therefore frustrating.
</rant>

Sorry for the delayed response
I did find it, thanks
And yeah i know what you mean about the wind, the map mode would be way better without wind direction at all. The battle winds i understand, but what is the point of the map winds other than pissing people off? And it seems like EVERY time i go to the map the wind is blowing against where im facing.
And i was trying for a while to get a totem from the vendors, but i never find anythingthing decent from any, my file is cursed to get nothing good. Then my friend tries playing for the first time, and within the first hour he finds this crystal skull 9 times in a row...

Back