• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

What do I do at the beginning as Espinoza?

Monolito

Landlubber
I started playing the Espinoza guy. I chose the corsair character. After startin the game I landed on a pirate island. I was told to get cash, supplies and repair the ship. Problem is I don't how to get the cash! My ship is a wreck, the bartender won't give me work and the guy from the residence gave me a single assignment and I don't know where I'm supposedto go :( How am I ssupposed to get the money? Shall I sail to an another town or can I make a few coins on the pirate island? I play the pirate story line of course. Difficulty: Captain (I played Age OF pirates before so I know what's what).

You start in random spanish or pirate town. The truth is in the spanish towns you have more ways to earn some start money. So maybe you will consider restarting the game or just ask the shop owner for freight and accept if it is to La Vega or Puerto Principe. Deliver the freight and fast travel to the closest spanish town. Then you can search for one long post from me what to do. From the post only the governor task will be not available - probably he will give you the task to deal with smugglers and you will not be able to do it yet - but it is not big loss.
Also keep in mind you can take several non-generic quests (depending on the towns) and you will be quickly killed because most of them are not for low level heroes. Actually if you want look at "preparations for walkthrough" topic for my last post how to make Austin quest relatively early - but alse keep in mind you must know how to fight because the enemies there are very strong and will kill you with a single hit if you miss a block or an evasion.

I found this game incredibily stupid :/ I play on captain and the game is hard as hell! I got a quest from the leader dude on Bermuda to find Goodley in Puerto Principe. Problem is I ain't got a clue where this town is! :( Could You direct me to the posts Ur talkin bout? There's a lot of threads and posts on this forum :D

Easiest way to get cash at the start is to take your ship out and wait for a pirate to attack you. You need to wait at the port that you have a Fort in though.

When you go to the combat screen you will have the help of the fort. At first just let the ships run away and then go pick up the Loot they drop. (you will see barrels in the water and other stuff)

When you fix your ship, and get a crew and officers you can upgrade to chasing down one of the ships and boarding it and capping it for even more money.

Good luck.

I found this game incredibily stupid :/ I play on captain and the game is hard as hell! I got a quest from the leader dude on Bermuda to find Goodley in Puerto Principe. Problem is I ain't got a clue where this town is! :( Could You direct me to the posts Ur talkin bout? There's a lot of threads and posts on this forum :D

This Goodley starts Morgan pirate quests... The problem is you as a spaniard will have to go in the english capital and you will either must have english trade license AND the perk "english flag" (which you don't have at the beginning) OR you must have very high stealth skill (which you on't have too I presume). Goodley will give you a passenger for the english capital and you will keep it with you lots of time untill you will be able to enter it. So better avoid Goodley for now.

As for the game map - look at the map you got with the retail box:)
Or buy a map from the ingame merchants... although you will have to gain few levels to be able to buy a good map.

Can I get a map from somewhere else? :(
Ingame map. You can also buy more detailed island maps.
Should be here:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13887-map/page__p__333678__hl__russian__fromsearch__1&#entry333678

Ths for help Handel. I had to restart the game. I couldn't get any cash because my character was a corsair and thus everybody hated me :( I've started as a dutch adventurer and now everyone don't care bout my character :D

Ths for help Handel. I had to restart the game. I couldn't get any cash because my character was a corsair and thus everybody hated me :( I've started as a dutch adventurer and now everyone don't care bout my character :D

You could take the perk "Honest face". This everyone will think you are very nice person.

Back