• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

(1) An all-hotties crew? (2) Less realism, please! And (3): a nasty "Surprise"

Blind Owl

Powder Monkey
Hello everyone.

(1) With the better-looking females in Build 14, I'm hankering to assemble a crew of babes (i.e. not Towngirls in hoop skirts), for both on-deck activities (if possible) and as a boarding party (which I know is possible. If anyone can tell me how to accomplish this, life at sea would be a good deal more pleasant. I'm not leery of editing the various configuration files, but I don't know which files to edit & have no way of peeking at the Character resources to find out which females are hot & which not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(2) I'd also be interested in disabling all the 'realism' mods (waves, weather, spyglass, trading, ship handling etc. etc.) while still enjoying all the additional content (quests, storylines, etc.) in these wonderful mods. I don't want to sail & fight in 'Arcade' mode, but the plain vanilla waves, weather, ship-to-ship combat etc. etc. suited my tastes pretty well. When I'm up for the extra challenge, no doubt I'll want to play in 'Iron Man' mode--or in my case 'Iron Lady'--mode. Until then, I wouldn't mind a relaxing cruise or two. Can anyone tell me how to go about restoring vanilla without losing the chocolate sauce?

(3) When I sail HMS Surprise, the on-deck view defaults to the well deck. This is infuriating to say the least, because the damn thing is nearly impossible to climb out of, especially in the heat of battle & with crewmen milling about on deck. Other ships may present similar problems. I remember Mephisto's dorky-looking stern thingies used to drive me nuts. Again, any help (e.g. how to change the default on-deck view for a particular ship) would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance (can't wait to get Age of Pirates II so I can play Gentlemen of Fortune)!

Blind Owl

:ahoy

You are asking for a lot and I don't think everything is possible. But.

1) The on deck crew will be the lowmen. I know of no way around that. But your officers can be women and also your boarding crew.
You will find women who want to be your officer scattered around the towns and in the taverns. Hire them no matter what they look like because you then go to the tailor shops and buy them some new outfits kinda sorta like these.
wicked wench-1.jpg wicked wench-3.jpg wicked wench-4.jpg wicked wench-5.jpg
For your boarding paty, go to POTC--->program--->internalsettings.h and first set things up the way you like on the top and then scroll down until you find the section on boarders. There you will replace "standard" with "girl".

2) The waves, weather, and trading are built into the original game and can not be changed unless you are a master coder. Again, change what you can in internalsettings.h.

3) I took a look and see that the camera is set to put you down on the gun deck. It can be moved easily using GMViewer and TOOL. I modified the GM with a different camera locator. Unzip it and then put it in your
POTC--->resource--->models--->ships--->HMS Surprise folder. Let it replace the old one. Try it and then tell me if your view is too high or too low.

EDIT: This site is behaving poorly now and I can not upload that file. Will try again later.

Thanks, Hylie!

The on-deck characters look sketchy/cartoony so I'm not surprised they can't be swapped for something more decorative. As for the boarding party, I'll definitely try your suggestions. And I eagerly await the new & improved deck view from Surprise.

Cheers!:ship

Gun deck, yeah, that's what I meant...

Just tried your revised file & it works like a charm. You might consider including it in the D/L since I'm probably not the only one who's been frustrated by the original char. placement.

Thanks again, Hylie, ye're a prince.

NO! I am not royalty in any sense. :rumgone

I am naught but a humble player who got fed up with nothing getting done and rolled up his sleeves and went to work. :type1

That is one of Armada's ships and he is a might touchy about anyone making any changes to his work. I can post it but he would need to approve it. :bonaparte

Also, whoever was blocking this site finally gave it up and it is working perfectly again. :cheers

Switch to Arcade Game Mode, then enable whatever of these you like at the top of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
// ======================================
// REALISM OPTIONS:
// ======================================
// Included in Realistic Game Mode:
#define REALISTIC_SHIP_INERTIA       0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Ships require counter-rudder and don't sail as if on rails
#define SHORE_DANGER_ALARM         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Red flashing icon and danger music do not start until enemies draw their blade
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO         1     // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered by sailing there manually before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL       1     // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered by finding them manually before you can use Fast Travel
#define NAVIGATION_EQUIPMENT       0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Items required for certain navigational information to become available
#define ENABLE_LIMITED_SHIPCLASS     0     // BOOL - 1=ON - When player takes command of ship of too high tier, Leadership and Sailing skills drops
#define CANNOT_RELOAD_WHILE_FIGHTING   0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Your gun won't reload while your sword is drawn
#define SAIL_OPERATE_DELAY         3     // INT - sailors will operate sails this amount of seconds after receiving command (set to 0 to restore stock PotC)
// Included in Iron Man Mode:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
#define WORLDMAP_DISABLED         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - DirectSail enforced
#define SAILTO_DISABLED           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Cannot Sail-To any ships at sea
#define ONSEA_DATA_DISABLED         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Spyglass and compass additional information disabled, cannot move camera to non-player ships
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES         0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Rush, Immediate Reload and Instant Boarding disabled
#define ITEM_REALISM           0     // BOOL - 1=ON - Items like rubies, diamonds and inca statuettes give no skill bonuses (books and items like compass etc. still do)

The 3D sailing mode crew cannot be changed due to game engine limitations. :(

Cute! Too bad the resources available for Bethesda's own games--Skyrim, Oblivion, or even Morrowind--won't work with the Storm engine. The fun we could have...

:cheers

Back