• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

2 questions

Rologue

Landlubber
i have a bunch of officers... enough to fill every role of the ship, some to hold ships in port control, some for my squadron, and some to commondeer ships. as for myself, my skills are leveled all to 100% i have learned the ship abilities for things like cannoneers and bosuns and even some carpentry. my question though, is, since i have learned all these abilities, and my skills are maxed... is there still a need for these officers? or can i fire them - and save a lil bit of money?

2nd question. what are the pros and cons of each class? the discription for the game doesnt get too specific.

If you really have all the cannoneer, bosun and carpenter skills and you have high skill points in the appropriate areas, than you can fire the officers to save money.

The classes merchant, adventurer and corsair are different.
The merchant and the adventurer start directly in the game on a ship in one of your nation's harbor.
The merchant has more money than the adventurer. The adventurer has another bonus, maybe a better item/ship in the beginning.
The corsair is special. He is Peter Blood and you play his quest until you escape from Barbados. You will be rewarded with a good frigate, the Cinco Liagas and 2 quest officers.
The RPG points can be changed in the beginning to suit your personal taste.

1. If you have the skill and the perks, then no, the officers serve no purpose anymore.
2. If you're talking about the character class that you pick at the beginning, the only difference is in the initial distribution of your stats (which you can change to your liking anyway) and possibly in the starting equipment and money. It doesn't affect anything in the game itself.

ye damn officers and that xp sharing by the time i got lvl 40 i had full ship of officers and prisoners that gained so much damn xp :(
so long time with 15-20 man in cabin and hold so i constantly get lvl notification and its never me. i lost so much xp this way my skills progress poorly so the gold lost 4 officers is nothing compared to all that xp lost . anyway never had or needed fighters who only die.
at higher lvls its big waste 2 have officers who do only 1 or 2 things on ship. so jack of all the tides or fire the damn bots)

Back