• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed 3.2 Book question

jffr363

Landlubber
So in Beta 3.2 there is the new readable books to unlock certain skills, and then some books which say the increase skills. But when i buy the books which increase skills, i cant see the increase on the character screen. I see the skill increases which seem to correspond to some other items, mainly the sextant, enhanced compass, and chronometer. The books for unlocking skills seem to work just fine. Is there something I need to do with the books that add skill increases? I get no option except examine, which allows the books to be read but that is it. Thanks for any help.

That is strange. What books have you obtained which have these skill increases but do not after you've obtained them in your case? All you need to do is to find and or buy them skill books, nothing else. And yes, the the items which allows you to unlock skills have that examine option only.
Please attach your .log files. Namely: compile, system and error (which can be found in your main game folder Clipboard01.jpg )
*Please do this whenever you report a problem. And only attach the .log files that are generated just after your problem occurs. And a save can also be helpful to certain situations. :)
- This way, your problem(s) can be analyzed more thoroughly.

Also, you might want to try the latest Build MOD 14 Beta 3.3 WIP 2. It's the same with the Beta 3.2, just with some fixes and other stuff. ;)

Yes this needs looking into. Some books work, some only work when they are read, and it seems to me some don't work. Also only the unlocking abilities books seem to work for officers.

Can someone check if they worked in Build 14 Beta 3.1? That was the modpack version before all books were made readable.

Maybe I know what is going wrong. Extract attached to PROGRAM\Characters and see if that restores the books to normal.
You have to force the game to "update the skill modifiers", which should be possible by playing around a bit with the skill items a character is carrying.

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 121
Wow thanks for the response guys. You guys are amazing. Pieter your fix seems to has done it! Thanks alot man. I am attaching my log files after the fix just in case its helpful.

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 135
  • error.log
    91 bytes · Views: 125
  • system.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 149
I didn't change it but there IS an inconsistancy with the file you linked and the 14.3.3 version. the line:

case "na2": ammoName = "nails"; break; //JRH

is in the new version but not the one in your post above. Otherwise they are identical. Used file compare to check.

EDIT: It IS in my mod folder though so I think it was part of Jack Rackham's recent update. Here is a copy of that one so use this instead.

Attachments

• CharacterUtilite.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Cool, thanks! I didn't get round to installing Jack Rackham's latest updates yet myself. :facepalm

Back