• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3 Questions about PotC (build11)

mailor

Landlubber
1) Why am I unable to use officers skills? For example: My navigator has the "quick turn around"- skill, but I cannot use it.

2) What's wrong with the ships statistics? I bought a "Xebec CT" which had "Navigation: 50", (which is pretty high), and I can't steer this thing at all (arcade sailing). It takes me about 10 minutes to turn the ship around. Does a high Navigation value mean, it is harder to control???

3) What does the "CT" and "BR" next to the ship's name mean anyway.

Please someone answer me. especially question number 1, as this sucks (but I guess this has been around since ever I bought the game, and doesn't have anything to do with the build 11)

Thank you very much in advance.
Yours,
mailor
;)

1) well, cuz the skills that they have are for if they ever captain a ship, when u give their ship an order during battle, they can use the skill then.

2) thats just the way it is, i guess 50 is pretty good for turning, but still, back then, they didnt spin like a damn wheel man! lol

3) CT is Catalina (a very fine pirate here on pirates ahoy) she made those ships. i forget what BR is, but those are some kind of nationality i forget what it stand for, all those are are just to tell the difference from the otther ships, and if it has the CT or BR, itll be more expensive i think, but for sure itll have a new design, AND better stats! ;)

Well the problem with number 2 is as follows:

I had a pinnace which had navigation around 20 or so, and I was able to maneuver it faster and better than the Xebec CT with Navigation 50. That's what bothering me...

hmm, i dunno then! that bothers me too! then again, i dont like xebecs, but I DO like cats designs...i dunno, i guess just wait for a true modder to come in and post here, im sure thatll be soon dont worry

One more thing: I just tried out what you said sparrow (concerning number 1). And hear ye, hear ye! It doesn't work either!

My officer (which is captain on my second ship) has "quick turn around", but I can't give the order anyway!

HELP!

1) I think a lot of the special abilities associated with your officers never got integrated with the game, just like you can't get them to board a ship (at least I'm pretty sure you can't). The action is mainly centred around you and your own ship, the other ships are there for simple backup (and hauling cargo).

2) That does seem strange. Definitely a higher turning rate should mean you can turn faster. Hopefully someone will shed some light on that shortly. I haven't got the game installed at the moment so I can't look into it for you...

3) I think BR stands for Barbarossa.

Aye Mailor,I captured an Xebec wid me lugger an exchanged ships,an de Xebec turned like a slug in arcade mode wid de wind at me back,in arcade mode,it shouldn,t be like that at all ;)

I'd like to know what officer abilities affect the player as well. Some seem to do that, for example musket volley, trustworthy lad, maybe some others as well.

A full, comprehensive list of these abilities would be nice, but I haven't found one in the documentation.

ships manuvering is acc. to your sailing skills ......
if you have NO abilities acc. ships handling and a los sailing skill, the 50 will be more like 25
and if you hav high sailing skills and marked all ships handling abilities, the 50 will be more like 75
that much does it matter

I tried having a mov guber to start and could allmost NOT turn at all......
then I changed the start level to 50 and put all skills and ab. in top...
then the MOW guber turned like a Lugger in normal game(clean potc)
when just started ........

;)

jack_sparrow_jr:
Might be, but my skill was equal (or even less, as it was sooner in the game) when I had the pinnace with maneuvering: 20, but it was much easier to steer (faster maneuvering). So I guess the Xebec CT has a bug.

And yes, Spitfire, that would be a VERY good idea.
Can anyone make a list of skills that actually are useful for an officer? As it seems "Quick turn around" for example doesn't have any use at all, except for the main character...

If it's not too much to ask, is it possible to allow to npc captains to use their special abillities like 180 turn arond in combat, that would be swell! ;):

Jack's right about the abilities are more for when officers captain thier own ships. Thier abilities combined with skills will determine just how well they can handle battles etc. So far the only abilites that the officers have that the main can use is the commerance skills including the land owner one. As far as boarding goes, they never will board an enemy ship but then I have never had them get boarded either. Sunk yeah but not have the enemy take control of thier ships. That's fine with me though =). I can't say I have ever seen any officers use the 180 cuz after I pass out orders on who attacks or defends what ships I tend to get sorta busy myself. But they will follow those orders depending on the ability and skills they have. But your right none are as good as the main..maybe just as well since my ego couldn't take being outmatched by them :shock:

Back