• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Moddler looking to apply

Brandon Luddine

HoO Team Member
Provisional
Hello im verry interested in helping with the development of this, i can provide you my Modeling degree from my local college if need be. Can do buildings, weapons, and ships (however im rusty on ship design) but again more than willing to help

allright then, shoot me over what you want done and ill see what i can do. like i stated might need a bit of a refersher on ship hull modeling cuz its been quite a while, but id be more than happy to help.

Perhaps it might be best to start with something smaller than a ship just to get the lay of things around here, we need all sorts of models! Do you have any images of past work you could show us to get an idea of your experience level?

Ahoy Brandon!

From one Brandon to another welcome :) (Brandon is my first name, though I've never actually been called it by anyone except Doctors lol. I often forget it's my name honestly lol)

Hello Brandon,

welcome! A suggestion from my point of view: A gameworld need many enviroment modells. If its for the other PA members OK we should focus primary gamworld content like buildings or smaller common parts like furniture or nice framed oilpaintings for walls etc. when you will help.

MAIN REASON:
Ship are need, yes but I think you know that in development a game is patience and long term motivation need. To proof youself if you willing to have and spend this, I recommend to start with something smaller OR a small vessel. Our guys have a few real small ships need for storyline that have a good amount of work behind. Never start overload and high motivated into a project and feel burned after a week. The first will is ever big but for development you need to think wise about amount of work, what you can do parallel to your private life and if you have long time motivation.

I think we can give you a really simple small ship to start with, or maybe a weapon or simple building. It is true, however, that a ship will take way longer than any other type of model. If you choose to model a ship, we can provide some instruction if you need it.

I'd like to give the storyline ships Wedori mentioned (They're actually medium-sized) to a highly-experienced ship modeler, since they're what you'll be staring at for most of the storyline.

@Armada
- Can you apply the provisional tag?

Last edited:
@Brandon Luddine

It's up to you to decide on what you want to do first now. Just let us know what you want to work on and I, or one of the other coordinators, can PM you.

Well this is quite interesting! Apparently my account i.e. the one i posted this on, doesnt want me to communicate with anyone! i literally cant do anything when i sign in! LOL this is Brandon Luddine btw, and im willing to smart on small objects if youd like. Really as long as its not People/animals i should be ok lol could NEVER model those things D: but ya im willing to do anything so, any tasks you have feel free to pass em over, needed this anyways considering im actively searching for a professional job in this field. xP

P.S. :C my account still doenst work.

needed this anyways considering im actively searching for a professional job in this field. xP

In that case, a very simple ship might be the most impressive-looking thing to add to your portfolio.
@JOVE23 If you need something done right now feel free to grab him. Otherwise, I'll start looking for a good set of plans.

I think there was a simple mistake when promoting the original account.

To other Admins: When promoting new members for the HoO team, you need to set "Hearts of Oak PRIMARY" as their Primary group, and "HoO: Provisional" as their Secondary group.
The "PRIMARY" group is set up to include all the basic permissions, and is there so that all HoO team members share the same Primary group.
The "Provisional" group doesn't actually set any permissions, because they should be inherited from the Primary group.
So giving a member just the Provisional group does indeed give them no permissions. I believe that's what happened, here. :wp

Ahhh, ok, thanks mate.

No worries, I should have explained this to you as soon as you returned. :p

Just to keep things "clean", I have removed your second account. Should no longer be necessary. :doff

@JOVE23

Please assign a building or scenery object for now. I'll watch for its completion, and then possibly assign a ship.

The ship modeling coordinators are currently discussing strategy and the like so we aren't ready to assign anything yet.

Back