• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D Modeling (Beginner)

woodsc23

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
Hey guys my name is Chris, I am new here but have browsed for months. I'm a big fan of Age of Pirates 2 and the pirate/age of sail era in general. Don't know what im doing but I want to do something in my spare time. I'm pretty excited to see what this project can become so I would like to help. I've watched a couple Maya 2013/2014 videos and want to learn a little bit before I set off on my own. Hopefully within the next 2-3 days I will have learned enough to where I can show it here and possibly be accepted to help. Thanks :)

That is excellent, welcome aboard! We have some of the finest modelers, and they love to help new folks get started so you picked one of the best communities to work with.

Hi Chris, I've set you up as a provisional 3D artist so you can use all our Hearts of Oak forums.
When you'd like something to work on, let us know and our Coordinators will help you out. :doff

@RobinPC has some requests of small objects and things to use on the island he is modeling.
Perhaps you would care to look into some of that?

Sure Peter. Once I get comfortable with it i'll get in touch with him and see what I can do.

Contact me when you are ready. Feel free to ask anything :aar:cheers

I am not really new to modeling. Done alot of 2d architectural designs on autocad.

I am using Sketchup right now to design the models.

If u want u can contact me at thedog830 on skype and I can help you out.

The only problem for me is running out of items to create lol

@Chas I've got a whole list you can create :) Just send me a message on skype ! :onya

Back