• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

3D ship artist wanted

exocrategames

Landlubber
Hello,

I am in need of a 3D ship designer that can craft ships of this caliber (please see attachment) for a table top miniature Naval Pirate Ship board game. The artist who did this current model took over a month to create, which is to slow considering I need 4-8 ship sooner rather than later. The ships are very small and will be 3D printed and then spin casted. That means shapes of the sails and other protruding pieces need to be spin cast friendly (so it wont get stuck in the mold). The ship sizes will differ roughly from 1 - 2 inches in length, 1/2 - 1 inch wide, and 1 inch tall. Thank you for your attention I really like this community and if interested please email exocrategames@gmail.com
Pays $150 each ship.
Preferred Skype or another form of verbal communication.
Thanks again guys and "To the depths with nationals!"

-Apollo
exocrategames@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/british.pirates

Attachments

• pirate ship flag.jpg
    pirate ship flag.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 122
I have been emailed with questions and I wanted to share some insight in case others were curious. First, I invite you to check out my facebook page for the game, there you can view ALL images and post for the game and hopefully gain a better understanding.

For more insight in the game and how it works. British Vs Pirates is a turned base hexagon naval ship combat game where players battle it out in 2 styles of game play; "Arena" is player vs player ship combat winner is the last ship floating. Conquest style is a 1-3 player story driven quest style where players will work together to complete quest, defeat NPC ships driven by a unpredictable movement card system, and even build ships with in-game resource such as logs iron etc...
Attached is some images but again If you want more visual reference check out my facebook page please.

What I am looking for is a 3D artist that can look at my 2D illustrations and illustrate the likeness of that ship into a 3D model (please see 3D example attachment). I want a subtle cartoon feel in the 3D models so it does NOT need to be realistic and exact as you can see in my example. It has all the real elements of a ship but some things are more "bubbly" than a t0-scale replica of a sloop. Right now there are 6 tiers of ships (please see SHIP INFO attachment). For the initial box set I am including 2 tiers of ships, and a of 4 ships. 2 Pirate 2 British ships. Further goals will be to illustrate 2D and 3D all tiers of ships and even more ships in the future should the game do well. I will be using Kickstarter.com once I have a working prototype. Work on the ships can start immediately. Payment methods can be check or paypal. My intentions are, to save time and money, each tier will have a base ship model and then the 3D artist will craft variants off that base model. So each tier ship will resemble in size especially length, in sail type, and hull shape and so on.

Again keep in mind these pieces will need to be printed via spin casting due to its affordability. My example 3D ship is a perfect example of a ship that would NOT fit in a mold well do to it's main sail being swung out to the port side. After filling the mold with zinc then trying to pull the mold apart, the sail would get stuck because the shape would not want to pull out. Hopefully that makes sense, but the idea is to make the ship where it can lay on its side in a clay then be molded with no protruding pieces. If you have further questions or need more examples please don't hesitate to ask I appreciate your input and am open to suggestions.

-Apollo
exocrategames@gmail.com

Attachments

• 3D EXAMPLE2.jpg
    3D EXAMPLE2.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 154
  • ship infoxcf.jpg
    ship infoxcf.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 210
Back