• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug [4.1]Fast travel in Smugglers' lair

vojtaniz

Powder Monkey
When I am in the Smugglers' lair and use Fast travel to Port, it takes me to the beach to a place from which I can't walk. It happens every time I try to do that. I have attached a save from the Smugglers' lair.

Attachments

• -=Player=- La Grenade. House of Leader of smugglers March 30th, 1754.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
It is probably sending you to a "default" locator that usually exists, but not for that specific beach location.
Aparently nobody ever used that before, or at least never reported it! :shock

Thanks for reporting. With a bit of luck, this should be relatively easy to fix. Once I find where the relevant code is hiding.
I know I've edited it before, so I should be able to find it again.

Code:
// to port icon
        if( GetCharacterShipType(mc) != SHIP_NOTUSED )
        {
            if(CheckFastJump(Locations[idxloc].id, mc.location.from_sea) || Truncate(Locations[idxloc].id,0,3)=="QC_" || Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="Pirate_fort" || Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="SL") //GreatZen
            {
                bool temp;
                if(Locations[idxloc].id!="QC_port" && Locations[idxloc].id!="Douwesen_shore_01" && Locations[idxloc].id!="Conceicao_shore_02")//MAXIMUS -->
                {
                    temp = true;
                    if(Locations[FindLoadedLocation()].fastreload=="ship") temp = false;
                    if(bDeckEnter) temp = false;
                    if(temp)
                    {
                        objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.enable = true;
                        objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.pic = 2;
                        if(Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="QC" || Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="Pirate_fort" || Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="SL") objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.pic = 1;
                        objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.tex = 2;
                        objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.name = "reloadtoport";

if(Truncate(Locations[idxloc].id,0,3)=="QC_") objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.location = "QC_port";
                        if(Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="Pirate_fort") objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.location = "Douwesen_shore_01";
                        if(Locations[idxloc].fastreload=="SL") objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.location = "Conceicao_shore_02";
                        else objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.location = mc.location.from_sea;
                        objLandInterface.UserIcons.port.note = LanguageConvertString(tmpLangFileID, "go_port");
                    }
                }//MAXIMUS <--
                bUse = true;
            }
        }
    }

This is the code controlling it in LandInterface.c

if you click it this is triggered:
Code:
case "BI_FastReload":
            curLocIdx = FindLoadedLocation();
            if (curLocIdx == -1) return;
            if (FindUserIcon(evntName, &uiref))
            {
                if(CheckAttribute(uiref, "location"))
                {
                    characters[GetMainCharacterIndex()].condition = "reload";
                    if (CheckAttribute(Locations[curLocIdx], "fastreload") == true && Locations[curLocIdx].fastreload != "ship")
                        PlayerFastTravel(curLocIdx, uiref.location);
                    else
                        TransferToDeck(uiref.location);
                }
            }
        break;

eventually PlayerFastTravel should call this (in reload_tables.c):
Code:
if (HasSubStr(lcn.filespath.models,"Outside\Shore_4")) // PB
    {
        AddTimeToCurrent(0,TIME_FASTTRAVEL*3); // NK 04-09-21
        DoReloadCharacterToLocation(finishLocName, "Reload", "reload_3");
        return;
    }

Last edited:
That was the bit I was thinking of. Odd; that suggests I already tried to fix this before. :shock
indeed it looks like that, so if you don't mind I give this one to you to fix ;)

Back