• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A couple of errors with build mod 14

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
In order of severity from top (most severe) to bottom (least severe), here are some errors I encountered:

-If you kill the other person who is sometimes in the room you rented in a tavern, then it can sometimes cause the fight mode to go on in the tavern yet no one attacks you and you are locked in the tavern with no way to fast travel anywhere. :shrug (solved - see replies)

-If you choose to do dueling practice on your ship and you sheathe your blade before the practice is over, your character cannot move whatsoever, even if you somehow make it back to land. :facepalm

-All loading screens are in russian and you can't choose a language in the options menu.:mm

Hope you find solutions to these problems :dance

Just out of curiosity, have you installed patch 6 also? Just plain old Build 14 is buggy.

1. Can't you just walk out of the front door? You can't fast travel out of a fight.

2. Dunno. Never did that except in the tutorial.

3. You installed B14 on top of B13. There is a nice thread about that. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17627-water-issue/

I have patch 6 also and in response

1. Nope, the doors lock.

2. oh, okay...

3. I'll check out the thread.

Best thing to do is a clean install

Original Game - then Build 14 Beta1 Full - then Patch 6

That is all you should need :yes

Follow the installation instructions carefully - especailly the bit about RunMe.bat & Rename.bat

If you get "oily" water then you will need the Bump.Zap file from this post to fix it --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17627-water-issue/page__view__findpost__p__398808

:cheers

I'm not getting oily water and I did the installation correctly :urgh, but I realized something, the port royale tavern actually just locks you in whenever you go inside :modding, any fix to that? :hmm

sorry, I just realized, the tavern is locked until you accept the quest from the guy in the white coat :facepalm, but glitches 2 and 3 from above still remain...:?

Recently, someone else mentioned number 2. This makes 2 times it has been mentioned ever. That makes it pretty rare, and also easy to avoid.

3. When you install B14 on top of B13 you get the Russian loading screens. The fix for the loading screens is in the thread I linked to for you. It is there. I put it there meself and have not deleted it....yet. :d:

Or you can make a clean B14 install. Your choice.:cheers

Thanks, but I just noticed ANOTHER error in the game now :?, when you go near certain ports (noticed this most with american port) you get white flashes all over your screen, I have a 252 MB video card and 4 GB of RAM, so it's not due to my computer not being able to handle the graphics ;). If anyone can offer a fix to this very annoying problem, I would greatly appreciate it. :onya

thpirateshipff.gif
Let's attack all the bugs!

it took you that long to notice it? sounds like improvement to me. it does sound like it supports the idea that the flags are to blame though.

I got the beta 14 with patch 6 like two days ago, haven't had the build 14 beta ever since it was out...So does anyone have a fix to this? This can be an annoying problem...

We are working on it. The part I am working on involves testing every ship looking for and fixing errors. And there are 250 or so ships..........

And yes, some of the forts aren't right either.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=630 there's the web address in case that link doesn't work

we can all see the other topics you've posted. also, we've already given the answer to all of those questions except the first.

please post the answers on that forum then please as those issues still have not been fixed on my end.

Back