• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few gameplay questions, and perhaps bugs.

Jacon

Landlubber
Hiya! I've got a couple of questions. How do you join the Navy? I do have a Letter of Marque, but when i get into the naval headquarters of one of the nations it's just a residence with a man inside not looking like an Admiral or anything - he doesn't say anything about the Navy. My second question is about building. Where do you place them, can you start your own settlements? When i tried to place a house, i had 25 tons of planks in my cargo hold but it still wouldn't let me place a building, why is that?

You don't technically join the navy, you become a Privateer for the Crown. As such, you don't deal with an Admiral, but with the governor instead.
If you sink enough ships of his enemies, you will get a promotion upon talking to him.
If you do want navy gameplay, you could try to play the Hornblower storyline.

You can build pretty much anywhere that is not on your own ship's deck.
The way to do it is to talk to a tavern-hired officer.

Where do you need to have the planks (for example), though? When i have them in my cargo hold it still says i have zero and i can't seem to build anything. :/

Your cargo hold is where they are supposed to be. Let me check if it works for me.

It does work, but it could be that the dialog is being confusing. My text said "You currently have 24, 0 planks and bricks respectively", which means 24 planks and 0 bricks.
Have you tried going through with the build, ignoring the text?

I've one more question. How do i edit my starting relations with the nations for one of my characters?

What storyline are you playing? For the Master and Commander one, we have for example these lines in place to set the relations:
Code:
    SetActualRMRelation(FRANCE, REL_WAR);    // Same as England
    SetActualRMRelation(HOLLAND, REL_WAR);    // Same as England
    SetActualRMRelation(AMERICA, REL_WAR);    // Same as England
    SetActualRMRelation(SPAIN, REL_WAR);    // Same as England
That is in PROGRAM\Storyline\JackAubrey\StartStoryline.c . You can put that code in another storyline's file and edit as required.

How do i set them to peace, for example? And how do i get rid of Aubrey's rank? I see that yo ucan also modify the starting port there.

Peace is REL_NEUTRAL . To remove his rank, delete the SetRank line above the relation lines.

Back