• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few general questions...

LittleMorgan

Landlubber
1) The treasure of the governor of Willemstad (50 stones item, worth about 45k) - can I sell it or is it needed for something later?

2) Pirate companions - sooner or later pirate captains approach the player with some offers; usually teaming up and looting something big together.
If I agree to their proposal they join me with their ship.
Can I sell their ships and give them better ones?
They mostly have decent skills, too; high cannon and navigate, usually multitasking perk.
Can I keep them as permanent officers?
Even if the mission they proposed is finished/ failed?

1) No clue, haven't gotten there myself.

2) Pirate captains that join you making you squadron leader are actually permanent officers, just like the fellow you hire. So you can sell their ships, modify then and do with those officers and their vessel as you please.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=326249:date=Jun 7 2009, 10:17 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 7 2009, 10:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326249"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2) Pirate captains that join you making you squadron leader are actually permanent officers, just like the fellow you hire. So you can sell their ships, modify then and do with those officers and their vessel as you please.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Actually, that only applies when you approach them in the tavern and ask them to join. Occasionally they will ask you over to their ship to discuss a proposition. In such a case it's a one time job and you can't do anything with them.

Ah, I've not had anyone approach me yet, only joined up when I asked them in the tavern. Didn't know that could happen.

thanks for updating me on that, Sordid!

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=326277:date=Jun 7 2009, 11:17 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ Jun 7 2009, 11:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=326277"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ah, I've not had anyone approach me yet, only joined up when I asked them in the tavern. Didn't know that could happen.

thanks for updating me on that, Sordid!

Cap'n Drow<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I <i>think</i> you can get them to invite you on their ship if you talk to them and pick the right dialog lines (one is "join me" and one is "goodbye", so not those). Those are fun little quests that can yield quite a lot of cash, the downside is that you'll have to kill a few soldiers, so if your relation with a nation is rocky it can push it into outright hostility.

Back