• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few questions

Buckshot Burton

Landlubber
Y'arrr, y'ole sea dawgs .....

Was wondering if u could answer me a few questions please....

1. COMBAT : Am i correct in thinking that the skill of the cannoneers(the crew, NOT the cannoneer himself) only goes up when firing in the THIRD person? Even tho
I prefer the FIRST person as it is more engaging, they never seem to gain any exp and the cannonballs seem to fire wide alot. (I do have
pro cannoneer btw)

2. RECRUITMENT : I take it I have to have a space, for say, a doctor, for one to offer in the taverns, but could one technically remove all crew b4 walking into
the tavern and then more people would offer and you could choose one more suitable and re-assign ?

3. REPUTATION : I know somewhere u can wipe your bad rep with countries, but where ? A pirate settlement somewhere ?

4. FEW/STANDARD/MANY ENCOUNTERS : I know this is fairly self-explanatory, but can anyone elaborate a little. I have mine set on few but think I should
restart on 'Standard'.?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm off to sink some Rum (gotta be hard, dark). Y'ARRRR!

Y'arrr, y'ole sea dawgs .....

Was wondering if u could answer me a few questions please....

1. COMBAT : Am i correct in thinking that the skill of the cannoneers(the crew, NOT the cannoneer himself) only goes up when firing in the THIRD person? Even tho
I prefer the FIRST person as it is more engaging, they never seem to gain any exp and the cannonballs seem to fire wide alot. (I do have
pro cannoneer btw)

mhhh...dont realy test it...but did you hit sth as you shot in third???

2. RECRUITMENT : I take it I have to have a space, for say, a doctor, for one to offer in the taverns, but could one technically remove all crew b4 walking into
the tavern and then more people would offer and you could choose one more suitable and re-assign ?

damn...didn't understand...maybe because of daytime...but sometime if you reenter the tavern you can find other officers...sometimes...
how much officers do you have...no place for more??? you know that most gus on ships where sailors...not officers ;)

3. REPUTATION : I know somewhere u can wipe your bad rep with countries, but where ? A pirate settlement somewhere ?

exactly...in every piratesettlement you will find a diplomat...he wants money and gives you a nice reputation with the choosen country...as exemple bermuda...you'll find him in the tavern

4. FEW/STANDARD/MANY ENCOUNTERS : I know this is fairly self-explanatory, but can anyone elaborate a little. I have mine set on few but think I should
restart on 'Standard'.?

hard to answer...in my first games i don't want to hit every few seconds an enemy ship...damn france :shrug only did my job and rub a few merchants...in this time i changed to only a few encounters...

for now i'm a bit better and i want more encounters...thats not so much i had feeled first...now i'm using maximum amount...

if you try standard you can check if thats to much or if you want more encounters...or if you like the amount...

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm off to sink some Rum (gotta be hard, dark). Y'ARRRR!

mhhhh...rum...you should never look like this... :rumgone ...or you end like this... :walkplank

:rofl

I believe in order for the skills of officer's and your own skills when firing in 1sr person view, the shots must hit there targets. Thats why i use chainshots its much easier to hit sails than it is to hit the ships hull. When demasted you can sit just out of boarding range and blast the ship to a million fragments if you like increasing skills all the time. But yes to asnwer the question skill do increase. :onya

Back