• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A few things, I'm a bit puzzled about

Just change the "Animist's amulet" into a "Satanist's amulet" too.

And I've just started a new game. And the traders still don't have any jewellery. o_O

And I've just started a new game. And the traders still don't have any jewellery. o_O
AH! You're right; they wouldn't.
From PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c:
Code:
  //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // JEWELRY:
  //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry1", "sapphire",2,  1,  0.05,  3,    753, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Sapphire           // + skill item //BB remove all skill bonus
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry2", "diamond", 2,  2,  0.02,  4,   1118, 0,   1, 1, 0,  +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Diamond               // + skill item //BB but add value to price
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry3", "ruby",    2,  3,  0.10,  1,    856, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Ruby               // + skill item //BB this is valuable and rare
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry4", "emerald", 2,  4,  0.10,  2,    809, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Emerald               // + skill item //BB gems and jewelry after all!
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry5", "",        2,  5,  0.10,  1,    209, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Gold Nugget           //BB economci adjusts also.
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry6", "",        2,  6,  0.10,  2,    320, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Silver sapphire ring
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry7", "",        2,  7,  0.10,  5,    650, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Gold emerald ring
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry8", "",        2,  8,  0.15,  1,    730, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Lucky Ring           // + skill item //BB as above, remove all
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry9", "",        2,  9,  0.15,  2,    960, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Bronze Cross       // + skill item //BB skill bonus for
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry10","",        2, 10,  0.10,  7,    714, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Gold sapphire ring   // + skill item //BB jewelry items
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry11","pearlbig",2, 11,  0.15,  2,    693, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0, +1,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Large pearl
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry12","pearlsmall",2,12, 0.20,  1,    320, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Small pearl
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry13","",        2, 13,  0.10,  3,    482, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Silver Brooch
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry14","",        2, 14,  0.05,  7,    911, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Gold Brooch
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry15","",        2, 15,  0.05,  9,   4390, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Emerald Pendant
  n = InitItem(n,"jewelry16","",        2, 16,  0.02, 12,   6925, 0,   1, 1, 0,   0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1);// Gem necklace
Change those last 1's to 0's and see what that does.
That number is for the "skiptrade" parameter.

If you press F11 on your current save, then visit a trader you haven't visited before, that might be enough to check if this works.

This also confirms all jewellery was meant purely as loot from random encounters and quests.
We must've figured until now that there's no other purpose for them; other than selling for money.
We never considered anyone wanting to do the exact opposite.

I'm thinking now of the various item trader types defined in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
// Itemtrader type defines (STRING)
#define IT_TYPE_GENERAL               "General"   // general trader type, catchall default
#define IT_TYPE_STORE               "Store"       // shopkeeper type
#define IT_TYPE_STALL               "Stall"       // item trader type
#define IT_TYPE_SNEAKY               "Sneaky Trader" // vagabonds and special wandering traders
#define IT_TYPE_BLACKSMITH           "Smith"
#define IT_TYPE_JEWELER               "Jeweler"
#define IT_TYPE_TAILOR               "Tailor"
#define IT_TYPE_BOOKSELLER           "Bookseller"
#define IT_TYPE_MAPMAKER           "Mapmaker"
#define IT_TYPE_CURIO               "Curio"
#define IT_TYPE_TATTOO               "Tattooist"
#define IT_TYPE_MEDICAL               "Apothecary"
Not all of those were ever implemented.
I'm wondering though if it would be worthwhile for an actual Jeweler to exist in the game.
That would be a trader selling exclusively/mostly jewels.

But I'm not sure how to even implement that.
The trading system was thoroughly overhauled by @TheIncredibleHat and @LarryHookins back in the days; and the code for it is quite complex.
It'd take quite some figuring out how to properly work additions in with that system in a proper nice way...

Just so I am certain, I know, what you mean, Pieter: I should change the second column of ones into zeroes?

You've also just answered a question, I hadn't gotten around to asking. I've been wondering, if the brothels might sell special goods (perhaps drugs), like the opium den does. So they don't.

And back to the tailor. Does anyone have an idea where to find the outfits for Geralt of Rivia, the Swedish female rebel in the lilac coat and the Asian woman? If the tailors usually sell outfits belonging to their particular nation, where to find those of a nation from a place not in the game?

Just so I am certain, I know, what you mean, Pieter: I should change the second column of ones into zeroes?
Correct.

You've also just answered a question, I hadn't gotten around to asking. I've been wondering, if the brothels might sell special goods (perhaps drugs), like the opium den does. So they don't.
Nope; nothing special there.
Just some terribly silly dialogs.

And back to the tailor. Does anyone have an idea where to find the outfits for Geralt of Rivia, the Swedish female rebel in the lilac coat and the Asian woman? If the tailors usually sell outfits belonging to their particular nation, where to find those of a nation from a place not in the game?
Geralt is set to PERSONAL_NATION, so he might perhaps show up in tailors after you conquered a town.

If the tailors usually sell outfits belonging to their particular nation, where to find those of a nation from a place not in the game?
You don't.
Use console.
Console always solves everything. :yes

The Swedish female rebel is Hilda Sparre. If you have enabled Sweden in the Options settings then the outfit will only be available from Swedish tailors, which means you'll have to conquer a colony on behalf of Sweden. If you have not enabled Sweden then the outfit should be available from French tailors.

Which Asian woman do you mean? If you mean Sao Feng's bodyguards, the outfit should be available from the Pirate tailor on Nevis. Except that it has no price set, which means it might not be for sale at all - it was designed specifically for the "Hoist the Colours" storyline, after all! Several other outfits intended for specific characters in storylines aren't for sale either.

So it's not just the tailor in Speightstown, who changes his selection after the ruling nation? Clever! I did notice some new outfits appearing in the towns, I had conquered, in the previous game.
But I chose Grey Roger's approach and began my new game as a castaway and live a life as a smuggler (and treasure hunter, if I can afford to buy the maps), so I one day can buy ships from Vanderdecken. It may take a while. And I'm not about to take a town just to make it Swedish. I want all of Caribbean for myself. (And I'm Danish. Denmark and Sweden were enemies for centuries. Now it's just about soccer, more peaceful for all involved.)

And some outfits not for sale? I'm very sorry to hear that. Yes, I't the Sao Feng guard, I've spotted.

And I'm Danish. Denmark and Sweden were enemies for centuries.
Oh dear...
I like both!
Denmark has LEGO; but Sweden has Hallberg Rassy.
Both wins in my book! :cheers

And some outfits not for sale? I'm very sorry to hear that.
Of course with console, NOTHING is impossible.
So if you want it, you can get it. ;)

Back