• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Good Talk

"Life is hard." Do you agree?

• Yes it is. And you have to struggle in order to survive.

• Nope. Life is easy. Certain people just suck at it.

• It is beautiful. Life will definitely suck at times but there is beauty everywhere.

• *Answer provided in the comments.*

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
:ahoyHow are you, beautiful people? Let's talk about life when you have time to spare. :cheers If you think this won't solve shit, that's alright at least we're still making conversation. You never know. :)

I'd say life is hard, for some more than others.
But there is beauty in it. Maybe not completely everywhere, but certainly in very much of it, even in some places you'd never think. You just need to look for it.

"Hard"?
What's that mean?
Does it matter?

Right now, I think life is DUMB.
Stupid.
Downright retarted*.
Completely ridiculous in a way that can't even be bothered to be actually funny.

* =
Once upon a time, I made an accidental typo and saw that I had written the word "retarted" on my screen.
THAT was actually funny.
To me.

Because it was SO appropriate that I deliberately decided to NOT correct it.
Whatever it was that I was commenting on at the time (honestly cannot remember),
I figured it was SO downright idiotic it didn't even deserve having the word "retarded" spelled correctly for it!

Ever since, I've started occasionally using this mis-spelling deliberately altogether.
For the exact same reason.

If you see in any of my texts the word retarTed, then HOLY HEEEEELL am I pissed off and CURSING LIKE FUCKING MAD behind the scenes!!!
And that description I just gave you in the previous line doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

Also, I just found myself making yet another mis-spelling on this one.
RetarteT.
Wow. That's even MORE next-level shit!
By now, we have gone SO FAR off the scale that we cycled all the way around again to be on it once more.
And then gone for another round yet.
(If you are confused by me here: imagine an old analog guage of some sort; for, say... pressure?
Temperature? Flow rate. whatever.

Or... imagine what happens if you keep going in any one direction on the surface of this one planet that we all share
and are supposed to lead LIVING LIFES on that are and feel actually worth living.

One of the most memorable life experiences I had is when I lost, for the first time, one of my juniors and friend whom I've personally trained and joked around every day of my first deployment. This guy would praise my name to everyone bragging about my accomplishments and how I got here to there in a short period of time, etc. Every time I go and meet with my comrades and he's there, he will immediately start bragging about me again like it was his own accomplishments as well. I will never forget that guy. He died in a plane crash in the Philippines Sea during an evolution.

The pain of losing a brother/sister-in-arms is so different that it cuts differently. Unlike losing a friend or a relative, this one cuts deep in a different way. It changes you; now that change is up to you; it can make you stronger and smarter about things or it will just mess with you forever, I chose the former. He made me stronger and gave me memories that I will treasure and tell stories about as long as I'm breathing.

He was a strong dude. A very positive and quirky personality that affects the whole group's morale. Especially being out there in places that could turn hostile and dangerous at any moment that keeps everybody on edge/alert. He makes these situations brighter.

This is a beautiful and haunting experience. A hauntingly beautiful experience about life. Isn't that right Sire @Pieter :D

during an evolution
Death by merely evolution.
Not even death by Revolution!
That's not just sad; that's REALLY sad.

I'm happy to say I've had nobody die on my watch.
Not at sea anyway.
Except for potentially that one time that:
We'll likely never know for sure.

On the other hand, we have 1-2 confirmed deaths in this here community.
First @Cerez left us for reasons unknown; except that we DID know she was on her deathbed.
Then @Captain Murphy died from cancer.

I doubt I could have saved the Captain. Even if I did fail him in life.
But @Cerez, I honestly do not know.

Especially now that I am in charge of this place, I consider myself personally responsible for the wellfare of all members.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jehremie-woods-5b88982b died AFTER I took over. And therefore, that IS on me.
That is, after all, how responsibility works.
In a way though, he still lives on at Log into Facebook

I am sorry.
I am truly, truly sorry.
All these three people deserved better than what they got.

The best we can do now is to learn from everything that they have given us.
And so, try ever new things I will.
Until I have succeeded or until I am dead myself.

Back