• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A Question:

pelle71

Landlubber
I like to play it 100% realtime, but this "Land Ho" "Ship Ho" ruine my exact position on the map. Is there a way to disable this game destroyer in the game cuz if not, it is useless to navigate in realtime. Thanks./ Pelle.

I like to play it 100% realtime, but this "Land Ho" "Ship Ho" ruine my exact position on the map. Is there a way to disable this game destroyer in the game cuz if not, it is useless to navigate in realtime. Thanks./ Pelle.

Original game had no such thing as realtime sailing, Land ho and Ship ho are used when loading up the encounter or island, i doubt it"s possible to disable them.

You can always set your course using the compass and adjust it after the encounter.

The game takes a while to recalculate your position on the worldmap but it does eventually do so. After "Land Ho", wait a few seconds, then check the map.

You can disable DirectSail by pressing '0' - the one on the top row of your keyboard, not the one on the numeric keypad. You won't get any "Land Ho" or "Ship Ho" events, and you also won't arrive at another island, you'll just keep sailing on out into the open sea, still attached to the island from which you departed.

The game takes a while to recalculate your position on the worldmap but it does eventually do so. After "Land Ho", wait a few seconds, then check the map.

You can disable DirectSail by pressing '0' - the one on the top row of your keyboard, not the one on the numeric keypad. You won't get any "Land Ho" or "Ship Ho" events, and you also won't arrive at another island, you'll just keep sailing on out into the open sea, still attached to the island from which you departed.
Original game had no such thing as realtime sailing, Land ho and Ship ho are used when loading up the encounter or island, i doubt it"s possible to disable them.

You can always set your course using the compass and adjust it after the encounter.
Ok! Thanks for the info.

Hi again! I just have to say how COMPLETELY! wrong i had about navigation in the game. It works 100%, you end up exactly where you supposed to be on the map after "land Ho" in the game. I made myself an A2 paper map to use my tools to navigate. Everything is perfect. Sorry about my mistake. Best regards, from Sweden.

Back