• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A simple question about flags

Admirable Mike

HoO Team Member
Creative Support
Hearts of Oak Donator
In the Relations screen there is a button called M.R. Flag. I have seen reference in these FAQ and forum
about the custom flag, but what does this do for me? If I press it, what does this do to my
relations with other flags?

Also, when I click the button to raise, say the Spanish colors, the ship is still showing the same
flag when I return to the action. What is supposed to happen?

The initials on the Custom Flag are the initials of the game name you are using.It makes you neutral with most.

If you change nations colors, you wont actually see the difference until you sail to another location or go to the next scene.

There are two types of relations: 1) Relations based on flag and 2) Real personal relation. If you fly English colours, you will be at war with the Dutch, even though your personal relations are neutral with the Dutch. If you press the M.R. Flag button, you will fly your own colours. Your relations to the other nations will then be your own personal relations to the nations and not the relation of the flag nation to the other nations.

I hope this helps.

Back