• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

A thankyou to all who contributed to the Mod pack.

SeymourSan

Landlubber
Hi there everyone.

I have owned the PotC PC game for many years now, and while I enjoyed it a great deal, there was always issues with it that really bothered me.
"Why didn't they do ..." and "Why is ... so limited" ect.
After finally stumbling across this site no so long ago, and sampling the fruit of your efforts more recently, I would just like to say a BIG thank you to everyone involved. I am by no means a pirate or sailing enthusiast (not even a fan of the movies), but the work that you guys have put into this mod is staggering, and has really breathed new life into one of my old favourites. There is an obvious passion that goes into your work that is so refreshing in the modern games industry (let alone the modding communities that go alongside) that is obvious throughout all of your additions, and I am still finding new and very impressive changes all the time.
My hat comes off to all of those who have obviously invested a great deal of time and effort into this project. Your skill and passion has left this gamer in awe.

Personally I have a huge interest in the idea/ ideals of game modding, and would love to contribute, however my coding skills are by no means up to scratch, and are at the very best basic. If there are tutorials available, I would love to look them over at some point, and perhaps one day contribute to this wonderful project myself. :mm

So thankyou once again, and keep up the stirling work you guys.

Seymour :bow

Indeed we all have to thank all you in the majestic Pirates Ahoy! crew. You all are simply fabulous! Keep the good work!

I will be around till the day we get a Master and Commander Storyline and beyond! :dance

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho! :cheers

Contribution? That needn't involve hours of staring into notepad :)

We do need a lot of beta testers and your feedback would be most valued. But in any case remember that this project is built for you the player and not any commercial purpose :3

If you go to alpha brainstorming there is a tools and tutorial section :yes
Take a look at them ;)

Andyintore Falcus you could always have a go at the Master and Commander quest ;)

You're very welcome, Seymour! We're always happy to hear our work is appreciated! :woot

If you want to join in the modding fun, you don't need to do anything advanced.
Playtesting and providing feedback is VERY much needed and you don;t need any modding experience for that at all.
Same goes for anything publicity/marketing related.

If you do want to do actual modding, the best way to start is to decide on what you'd like to do
and we'll try to point you in the right direction and help you wherever possible.
And if you personally don't have any particular ideas, we can think up something ourselves.
We've got an infinity of ideas. ;)

Discussion on Master and Commander storyline continued in A start for the "Master and Commander" storyline .

have a look around the forum. there's always talk about the recent planned and WIP projects.

Personally I would be most interested in quest writing / event writing. You know, stuff like the whole thievery system and the enemy captain surrendering ect. It's the little bits like that that really make the game come alive for me. What I would really love to see is a more dynamic on-land experience. Have things going on in the towns and jungles to make them actually worth visiting, rather than just somthing to walk past on the way to the shops. I LOVE the tavern brawls, and the random attackers in towns, but I feel that they could probably be expanded on, and I think that is what I would like to do. I know it's not really a mega important part of the game for most, but I think I would find myself more motivated to learn, if I thought I was doing somthing that I was actually going to enjoy the end result of :p

I WOULD be reading the tutorials ect right now, IF the links in the thread were working... :wp
Cheers

The links are down but all the tutorials that you need are in that section so just go through the topics ;)

A quick query.

Where exactly is the updated version of the quest making tutorial? I began reading the Build 13 version, and am already noticing slight descrepincies, so I was just wondering if I am just missing this updated version mentioned in the tutorial list thread.
cheers
Seymour.

For your idea, certainly more atmosphere in towns would always be welcome.
Try to come up with a plan of exactly what you would want to add/change.

Back