• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Won't Fix Able to anchor while fort fires at some towns

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
I was able to port while the fort was firing, I don't think thats rigt ...

What port was that? Perhaps if the fort is too far from the port, that might happen?

Isla muelle

I noticed this several times while testing Capture Colonies as well.
It seems that while the FORT locator is being locked, the TOWN locator isn't. And when the fort is far away from the town, you can indeed make land.
Not right indeed. :no

Strange, though. I don't remember having this before. I wonder if it applied to Beta 3.2 as well.
If not, I fear I might have some more digging to do. I sincerely hope not!!! :shock

adding bCanEnterToLand = false; to this case (only if enemy) did the trick.
Included the file (edited) also.

Code:
        switch (iFortMode)
        {
            case FORT_NORMAL:
                if (iRelation == RELATION_ENEMY)
                {
                    if (fMinEnemyDistance > fDistance) { fMinEnemyDistance = fDistance; }
                    bCanEnterToLand = false;
                }

Attachments

• AIShip.c
    215.8 KB · Views: 93
I think this might be part of a larger issue. When testing Capture Colonies, I noticed that the reload to a destroyed fort is also much smaller than it used to be.
This is probably the reason for this issue cropping up in the first place.

I just confirmed this problem was there in Beta 3.2 as well. Will now check earlier versions until it goes away.

Well, I stand corrected. Managed to track down this issue all the way to Beta 1 Patch 7 and it is still there.
So indeed it isn't a new issue whatsoever.

However, even with this fix applied, I still managed to trigger the problem quite easily:
- Start Standard storyline with Spanish as nation
- Leave San Juan port, flying an English flag (=hostile to Spain)
- Turn to port to the spot furthest away to the fort
- Still allows mooring

:confused:

Can you also enter the map when that happens?

Can you also enter the map when that happens?
Just tested this and yes, indeed I can. :facepalm

I think what needs to be done is to increase the locator radius of the forts.
Though I don't know right now how to do that.

Try going to the island init and search in there for the fort.
It has a radius set for the locator there.
increasing that should do the trick if I read the code right

Tried the same thing on a New Game:
Puerto Rico with the radius at 2500 instead of 250. Still happening though.

adding bCanEnterToLand = false; to this case (only if enemy) did the trick.
How do I test that? On the test case I did, it made no difference.

Not sure how and even if we need to fix this. Apparently it has been this way since at least Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7, possibly since the original game.
If we manage to prevent docking at ports that are hostile to your flag, then you also would have issues at the Nevis pirate settlement.
We could just figure that if you manage to skip past the forts this way, then you deserve to be allowed into port.
If you are truly hostile with that town, then the store and shipyard owner won't be too happy to deal with you anyway.

problem is that In changed it in the battle interface but if you are so far away from the fort the battle interface isn't called anymore I guess cause the map symbol appears .... Think we should skip this one for now and try to fix it in 3.4

Does anyone care about this issue? Because I don't really do and am severely tempted to file this as "Not a Bug".... :wp

I do care about it, but not enough to look at it now. Might be something I will look into for 3.4 (or whatever we gonna call it)

Just curious, could it be the fort distance calculations was what was causing this?
Could someone test to see if this problem is still there?

Back