• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Won't Fix Able to anchor while fort fires at some towns

Just curious, could it be the fort distance calculations was what was causing this?
Could someone test to see if this problem is still there?
I don't think the problem would be solved.
It working at all proves the fort distance calculation that I fixed wasn't involved, otherwise it would have always been wrong everywhere.
Probably some sort of "default radius" value that doesn't extend to the far side of some bays.

I had hoped that today's fix to disable Sail-To while close to an enemy fort would have fixed this too.
Unfortunately it didn't. That does prove that the problem here is that the fort's "danger range" doesn't extend across the entire San Juan bay.
So even if you're being fired on, you can take a route to the far side of the bay and anchor in port anyway.

Not sure if that is worth fixing, though. Perhaps we should just increase the "distance to disable map enter"? :shrug

I think this happens only in extremely wide bays where you can sail "out of range" of the fort, straight into the port.
Won't be easy to fix and probably not worth the effort.

Back