• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

About Capturing Cities

m.azathor

Landlubber
Ok so I figured after I finish my questline, they allow me to capture cities. fine. I took tortuga. Appointed one of my brilliant officers in charge. now what? every time I go talk to him all i can do is, gimme the tax money or your needed back on my ship or the last one All the best, which quits the dialogue! I read in many a posts that there are options to upgrade the city and stuff! But i am genuinely stuck as to how that can be done!! Can it be done at all? And if not, then I'd have to say that this option of capturing a city is the most useless in the game! A bit of an anti-climax! For if 9k grand per day is what I wanted, I'd just go out and rob those 7 ship squads and get like thousands of gold! As it is any player reaching this stage of game would have millions of piasters already!(I have 20 mil, and I don't even rob so much. most of the times avoid the ships actually)

P.s. I am Spanish... hope thats not a snag!! Any help would be really welcome as atm Im completely vexed!!

Well...yes, that's actually it. I have no idea where you read about upgrading the city, but I don't believe it's possible in CoAS, at least not in vanilla (and CMV 3.2)

I'm not sure if upgrading a city is a feature in CoAS, I believe you could though in AoP.

Hi.
I've got a feeling that my game is pretty f**** up and i have game-bug like no one else:
-I've finished Piracy Quest Line,Morgan's gone with the gold.In my logbook there's info that i must go alone to the shores of Darien bla,bla bla...and now as far as i know i have an ability to capture the cities and keep it only for me,but.....I can't!
(Well actually,there is one place-Fort Orange)
I've tried to takeover different cities,but i'am able only to loot them.
So,anyone has an idea what the problem is?

Been lookin for the answers in the web,but still haven't found the solution.Maybe some of you guys faced the same problem as I?
Don;t know what to do now,because i've already finished most of the main quests and it would be ridiculous to start the whole game again...
Is there anything that i can do with the game files?

Been lookin for the answers in the web,but still haven't found the solution.Maybe some of you guys faced the same problem as I?
Don;t know what to do now,because i've already finished most of the main quests and it would be ridiculous to start the whole game again...
Is there anything that i can do with the game files?
in my vanilla-game i can't capture a city but only plunder it if it's the residence of the general governor of that nation. dutch general governor in curacao for example. frech gen gov in basse-terre. spanish gen gov in puerto bello or in havana or in santiago. another possibility: if you have not done any nation questline you have to set pirate sails to be able to conquer a city?

You can't take the Capitols. That's why I always put my money in the bank in one of the cities you mention.

MK

Back