• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help About creating animation for AoP2

Korolev

Landlubber
Hello, All.

I am not native English speaker, so maybe I will write with some mistakes

As you see, I need some help with modding animation. There are not so much mods with new animation and I don't remember any one of this mods, but maybe somebody have an information that will help me to create my new movement, blows, etc.

First of all I should describe me problem...
I can change old frames (anim of staying, hits, sit animations, all that we have in game), but I can't create new frames for new actions.

Actually, I can copy different animation files for different types of characters, but I whant to simplify the task.

By usint the wordpad I can correct .ani files
For example
6SG1yJZ.png

By using the Aniview I can watch a standart animation
WDENw5A.png

After changin the numbers of frames, I have a problems.

my hero flying around the window
pwMx636.png

Tool can't help me too, becouse somewere fixed number of frames

So I can't change frames after quantity.
EZqCSLK.png

@Korolev, I have never seen that Animation View program before. Could you please let us know where you got it from? I think several of our modders could find this tool very useful.

Preamble: I working in Brigantina team
Links

Some time ago I have never seen this programm too, and some time ago our main programmer and creator of our project found the program at his computer. He thinks than ones upon a time he downloaded files of programm with other famous modding programs from seaward forum.

After this we were surprised even more whan we learned that our tester use Animation view all the time for watching characters.Actually, programm can view models and textures in game format, so it works better than GM viewer.

The program can't change animation, It can only view movements and assign frames. We can also view animation by using the Tool and we can work with numbers of frames by using the wordpad. Nothing new, but comfortable.

Some time ago I have never seen this programm too, and some time ago our main programmer and creator of our project found the program at his computer. He thinks than ones upon a time he downloaded files of programm with other famous modding programs from seaward forum.

After this we were surprised even more whan we learned that our tester use Animation view all the time for watching characters.Actually, programm can view models and textures in game format, so it works better than GM viewer.

The program can't change animation, It can only view movements and assign frames. We can also view animation by using the Tool and we can work with numbers of frames by using the wordpad. Nothing new, but comfortable.
That's very interesting. Would you be able to provide a download link for Animation View? We'd really like to test this program, and it might allow some of our modders to help you find a solution to this problem. ;)

@Armada , so, do you know somthing about how modmakers can add new frames to animation files?
So as I understand it, you're trying to add frames to the end of the animation file, correct? As far as I know, no-one here has tried doing that before, but it seems unlikely that this is possible without creating a new animation in Maya and exporting it to GM format with the new keyframes.

Now I writing a new topic, please wait, I need some time.
I want the link to be in special topic.
Of course, no problem.

On that subject, we actually have some example Maya files that contain the animations for the male and female characters in PotC.
These could be customised to add more frames in Maya and then exported to GM format. Would you be interested in those files?

Wow! Animation Viewer, maybe we could add some new animations to POTC too, like, the Kraken Tentacles maybe? :shock

Wow! Animation Viewer, maybe we could add some new animations to POTC too, like, the Kraken Tentacles maybe? :shock
No, this program can't create an animation, only view.
I created animation by Tool.
And now one of members of our team trying to create a new animation by using Maya

On that subject, we actually have some example Maya files that contain the animations for the male and female characters in PotC.
These could be customised to add more frames in Maya and then exported to GM format. Would you be interested in those files?
Hey armada, Can I have those files? Ill be very excited for trying them out!

No, this program can't create an animation, only view.
I created animation by Tool.
And now one of members of our team trying to create a new animation by using Maya
Yea, Ik, Its because I am a MAYA student, and I would try in MAYA to see if it is possible to add some cool animations for POTC game, and maybe some improvements.

....maybe we could add some new animations to POTC too, like, the Kraken Tentacles maybe? :shock
That won't happen. Even if the animation could be made, how would you play it?
The only way I could think of to have those tentacles at all is to have them as "floating goods", which they are.
But the game engine won't animate those. :no

That won't happen. Even if the animation could be made, how would you play it?
The only way I could think of to have those tentacles at all is to have them as "floating goods", which they are.
But the game engine won't animate those. :no
awwn, thats sad haha :(

Back