• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

About Hendrick Vanderdecken and some problems

Balerius

Landlubber
Hello all, i just started playing this mod recently when i saw the link to this forum in Wikipedia. I really like this game for it's open-ended gameplay, so i read about Vanderdecken and how he sells super ships. However when i went to the camp on Hispaniola i didn't see Vanderdecken in the camp. I am using build 14 alpha 9.5 patch 3 currently. There are also some problems with the Woman who Lost her Husband and Son quest in St. Pierre's church, when i talked to the priest, he was missing the dialog file. Are these problems with patch 3? Thanks to anyone who can help me. :bow

Welcome to the forum, mate! I hope you'll enjoy your stay. :doff

Hendrick Vanderdecken was moved to Isla de Muerte.
You can find it by finding a well-know character from the PotC movies in a well-known place.
Cheatmode required in Alpha 9.5 Patch 3, but not anymore in Alpha 9 Patch 4.

The priest dialog error should be fixed in Alpha 9.5 Patch 4. :yes

there is one other way to find our friendly neighbor hood ship sails man
he appears for in the pirate camp on Hispaniola in Bartholomeus's story line,right at the begging
:keith

actualy i mean cuba not hispaniola,sorry just waking up xD:

Not anymore. He's been moved since Alpha 9.5 Patch 2.
Originally I put him in the Buccaneer Camp because it was deserted anyway.
I even went so far as to flood it with water to look more deserted.
But then Bartolomeu made use of that location for his quest,
so we needed to move him somewhere less inhabited.

Edit: And the Buccaneer Camp IS at Hispaniola; your first hunch was correct. ;)

ok,but i still see's him there,i started off with patch 3 by the by anyways :razz .next time i encounter him i'll take a screenshot :keith

i meant i never used alpha 9 before patch 3.long drawn out story,but suffice to say last alpha i used was 6 or 7 i think.
then came back to alpha 9.5 patch 3 :woot

hmmm,wonder if it's related to the unique weapons thing,cause i never see him in any other
story line.only that 1 and i only notice him at the begging,the 1st 1 or 2 times i go there :shrug

hmmm,wonder if it's related to the unique weapons thing,cause i never see him in any other
story line.only that 1 and i only notice him at the begging,the 1st 1 or 2 times i go there :shrug

ok i just checked,didn't see him,the code mighta still been there in patch 3,but seems to be gone now :keith

Can't possibly related. And he really shouldn't be there. Did you run RunMe.bat? :wacko:

Back