• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Acheron

Oskar94

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I've maded a red and black skin for the U.S.S. Constitution but i can't remove de 3d name and US stern decoration...
I think i that this texture can be used in the nameless ZarethPL's model...
aw9g8p.jpg

153o0ns.jpg

snjalf.jpg

Wow; one day we have no French Constitution version, the next day we've got two.
Looks pretty good. :onya

And indeed the name and stern decoration are not a problem.
We've already got a version now without it. :yes

Wow; one day we have no French Constitution version, the next day we've got two.
Looks pretty good. :onya

And indeed the name and stern decoration are not a problem.
We've already got a version now without it. :yes

looks nice but would be better without those us deco on the bow

I've been pushing for a French heavy frigate for some time now. Good work!

Btw, this texture can be reused for a French steam frigate without alteration, as the steamboat is based on the Constitution model. 2 ships in one :)

just remember there is an extra texture for the steam version...

Unpredictable as Age of Sail politics went I believe there was some serious technology transfer between France and the US in the 19th Century. Paixhan guns etc. It's also logical to say that the powerful American warships did turn a few heads; European shipbuilders likely did follow suit with large, fast frigates; the French did have a lot of large frigates up to 60 guns in the mid 19th Century. Being typically flush-decked as advanced designs were, they would not look dissimilar to Constitution.

Thus the prettied up Constitution can serve as not only the movie ship Acheron (which is ahistorical) but a generic type of 44-52 gun heavy frigate. The Master and Commander movie storyline did mention that Acheron was built in the USA - and if we were to accept that, logically more than one ship would be commissioned in that fashion. If diplomatic relations between France and the USA held up.

Btw, the bow decor is rather easy to remove, since it's tucked away neatly in a corner.

Zareth is proud that his ship spawns so many little children, I hope.

but i can't remove de 3d name and US stern decoration...

Send the texture to me and I'll put it on a nameless generic version.

by decor i had in mind that textrued US emblem
decor.jpg

u should relace it ,or just fade out the emblem part

Ah hah. I could easily put a Tricolour there. Though, its really too small to see from the external camera. Good detail!

Haha! Indeed I failed to notice that ingame! :rofl

ZarethPL, how are you doing on putting the stern decoration back on the nameless US version of the Constitution?

Here a nice pic of the Film-version! As you can see, the colour scheme appears slightly different ;-)

Attachments

• master-and-commander-the-far-side-of-the-world-3.jpg
    master-and-commander-the-far-side-of-the-world-3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6,499
Thanks. That makes me think that this skin might be improved further by replacing the white with gold.
Any chance of that, Oskar94?

oh, there are a lot of chance, but now my computer is down... I hope i can make it on the week end...

I'm in no particular hurry. She can always go in the next Build update. :cheeky

Could this be also suitable? I don`t know how to clear the colour mess at its stern, but overall... there is a certain potential!

Attachments

• Acheron1.JPG
    Acheron1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 625
  • Acheron2.JPG
    Acheron2.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,227
Colour mess on the stern? The name and US decoration is easily removed.
Or is that not what you mean?

Back