• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority Active profile only recognised after going to new game screen

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
When I'm in the main menu and select load it will just take the first (or something like that) profile I have.
When I go into the new game menu and exit it again and now click load it will have recognised my latest profile and I can load it from there.
This should be enough info to find which function is responsible for this and move it to the main menu

You mean that when you start the game and select "load", you don't get to see the actual last profile you were playing with when you closed the game?
I always figured that normally that DOES work, but it goes awry when adding saves of different profiles that we get from the forum for testing purposes.

Have to admit that I never really cared. Just scroll to your real preferred storyline/profile and load the save you want. :shrug

You mean that when you start the game and select "load", you don't get to see the actual last profile you were playing with when you closed the game?
I always figured that normally that DOES work, but it goes awry when adding saves of different profiles that we get from the forum for testing purposes.

Have to admit that I never really cared. Just scroll to your real preferred storyline/profile and load the save you want. :shrug
I didn't care that much either, but now I noticed as soon as I open the new game menu and close it again it does work. so something must be set there what we want in the main menu

I didn't care that much either, but now I noticed as soon as I open the new game menu and close it again it does work. so something must be set there what we want in the main menu
Just tried this myself and you are indeed right. :yes

I tried to figure this one out, but no luck so far. Tried to deliberately break Select Storyline until this trick stopped working.
At one point I thought I had it, but then it turned out that I really didn't.

Marked now as "Low Priority" since we've got more pressing matters to attend to, I think.

Back