• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Add Priest to Charlestown Church

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
And if I go to the church in Nevis, there's nobody in there and you only hear somebody sneezing and farting in the church :confused:

Can someone confirm this?

The QuebradasCostillas.c has no characters defined in a church. So it is more of a missing feature than an actual bug.
Still.... Might as well be added some time.

But it's funny to hear that weird sounds of sneezing and farting in the church :rofl
I guess the monk was sick and went to his private room. can't help it :D

Meet Father Samuel:
father_samuel.jpg

Charlestown's newest inhabitant is now ready to take your money and your confession.

Attachments

• charlestown_church.zip
    14 KB · Views: 98
Do any quests use either Charlestown church or Point a Pitre church? And would they be broken or illogical if the priest is there?

Apart, that is, from the following quests:
Charlestown: used in "Bartolomeu o Portugues", you meet Sarah Roebuck there and she tells you useful things for capturing Charles Baxter. @Bartolomeu o Portugues, do you think she'd mind if the priest is standing behind her when she says her piece?

Point a Pitre: used in "Hornblower", you have to help Teresa Moreno steal a relic. The priest really shouldn't be there while you do that, so I've edited "quests_reaction.c" to remove him and then put him back later. Also used in "Assassin" for the revised "Hitman" quest, you meet Vito Leone there; the priest at Sao Jorge doesn't object to the normal meeting so the priest at Point a Pitre shouldn't be a problem either.

You're probably wondering which priest I'm talking about because there isn't one in Point a Pitre church. Not yet, anyway. ;)

Did you give him the shared dialog file for the church too?

You're probably wondering which priest I'm talking about because there isn't one in Point a Pitre church. Not yet, anyway. ;)

There is now.
pater_dominic.jpg

I assumed that the shared "church.c" dialog is automatically applied to all priests. There didn't seem to be any specific reference to it in any of the files which define existing priests, some of which I copied for both Father Samuel and Pater Dominic. (Pater Dominic is practically a clone of Pater Jourdain in St. Pierre, though I deleted the stuff about the sidequest to help the woman who had lost her faith.)

You may want to add the following to Hornblower's "quests_reaction.c" so that Pater Dominic does not witness your raid on the church with Teresa Moreno:
In 'case "Next_stop_Church"':
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Pater Dominic"), "None", "");

In 'case "Finally_go_home"':
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Pater Dominic"), "PaP_church", "barmen", "bar1");
(I haven't included my updated version of "quests_reaction.c" in the zip because it has something else I'm working on which is nowhere near ready for release...)

Yes, the altar in both Charlestown and Point a Pitre churches is really a bar and the priest is really a barman. I found that when I enabled visible locators and went into the church to find out where to put the priests. xD

Attachments

• guadeloupe_church.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 102
I assumed that the shared "church.c" dialog is automatically applied to all priests. There didn't seem to be any specific reference to it in any of the files which define existing priests, some of which I copied for both Father Samuel and Pater Dominic.
It is here:
Code:
      //Father Samuel
   ch.old.name = "Father";
   ch.old.lastname = "Samuel";
   ch.name = TranslateString("","Father");
   ch.lastname = TranslateString("","Samuel");
   ch.id     = "Father Samuel";
   ch.model   = "monk";
   ch.sound_type = "priest";
   ch.sex = "man";
   ch.nation = ENGLAND;
   ch.location   = "Charlestown_church";
   ch.location.group = "barmen";
   ch.location.locator = "bar1";
   ch.Dialog.Filename = "Father Samuel_dialog.c";
   ch.Dialog.Filename.group = "church.c"; // <------------ THIS LINE ---------------
Since you copied the entries, it's all good. :onya

You may want to add the following to Hornblower's "quests_reaction.c" so that Pater Dominic does not witness your raid on the church with Teresa Moreno:
In 'case "Next_stop_Church"':
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Pater Dominic"), "None", "");

In 'case "Finally_go_home"':
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Pater Dominic"), "PaP_church", "barmen", "bar1");
(I haven't included my updated version of "quests_reaction.c" in the zip because it has something else I'm working on which is nowhere near ready for release...)
Consider it done! :doff

Yes, the altar in both Charlestown and Point a Pitre churches is really a bar and the priest is really a barman. I found that when I enabled visible locators and went into the church to find out where to put the priests. xD
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Back