• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Adding a Custom Person Flag

LoneStarRhino34

Landlubber
Howdy y'all!

First off. BRILLIANT work with this mod. This is everything I wished Sid Meier's Pirates could've been. I am loving this so much. I had a question about adding a personal flag to the game. I've noticed that three of the flags on the selection screen are blank white - my assumption/question is if there is an intuitive process of adding a custom flag into the game.

I appreciate any help y'all can offer! Happy sailing!

If you have the latest update, you'll only find two blank personal flags because one of them has recently been used.

You'll need TX Convertor to convert the .tga.tx files used by the game to .tga format, plus a program which can read .tga files such as Photoshop or GIMP.

The bottom row of personal flags can be found in "RESOURCE\Textures\flags\perflg7.tga.tx". Resize your custom flag to 256x128 and paste it over one of the blanks. You'll also want to edit "RESOURCE\Textures\flags\perpnt7.tga.tx" to make a custom pennant to go with it. Again, the image in the file is 256x128, but pennants are stretched by the game engine, which is why you'll find that some pennants have the emblem squashed and positioned to the left, which is the side that will be on the flagpole, while others are just stripes using colours from the flag.

And you'll want interface icons for your flag, both a shield and a flag. Start with "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\flags\Crest_Personal56.tga.tx" and "Flag_Personal56.tga.tx". They're currently also blank. If you put your flag on the 6th position in "perflg7.tga.tx" then those will be the corresponding shield and flag files.

Once you have put your design on all four files - flag, pennant, interface shield and interface flag - use TX Convertor again to convert them to .tga.tx format. Make sure to use A8R8G8B8 for converting "perflg7.tga.tx" and "perpnt7.tga.tx" to preserve full detail on all flags including yours, but use A4R4G4B4 for the smaller interface pictures.

Back