• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Adding new Sail-Down and Sail-Up steps

The above has been tested and found to work as intended. The turning angle is still not 90 degrees (didn't do anything with that), but you can select the direction.

I'm adding the Clubhauling mod into the next modpack update. Has anyone done any further testing to the above?
What should we do about getting the turning angle more accurately 90 degrees?

When we're talking about the scene in PotC 1, isn't the anchor used to turn the ship 180 degrees and then come to a full stop?
Not that I'm claiming we should put that into the game though; bit useless, no?

Give me a moment and I'll run a few quick tests using the console code you posted. At present I reckon PI/3 is our best bet for Realistic mode, but I'll try it with different ship sizes.
For Arcade mode, I reckon something like 80 degrees (4PI/9) might work best, but that's just gut instinct. As long as the ship turns through less than 180 degrees, that's all that matters.

In the Curse of the BP, I'm sure the Interceptor turns so that her broadside faces the Pearl, which is roughly 90 degrees (probably more). I last saw the film quite a while ago, mind. :wp

Anyway, the preliminary code is in the Beta 2.2 WIP 1 file I just uploaded.
Please adjust as required (you've got the Arcade vs. Realistic mode code sample) so I can include the final version later on. :doff

Reviving a 9y old post :wp

What we CAN control is which sails are furled in the 'Battle Sails' state,

How can I edit to add this two sails for furling in "Battle Sails" state?:

Main royal staysail / Main topgallant staysail (not sure wich one is the one ingame)
and
Mizzen royal staysail / Mizzen topgallant staysail (not sure wich one is the one ingame)

The two Staysails in these two ships basically:

Essex 1799 by Captain Armstrong
Battle Frigate By ZarethPL, Captain Armstrong, and yourself

Since in battles using the 'Battle Sails' setup these two sails get completely destroyed most of the time and is quite anyoing

Also, how do you activate the hability club hauling? I play in ironman mode (so all realistic options apply I think) and I've seen the K key say the things about port/starboard , but I still dont find the option to trigger it, and looking at the files I see that ""perkTurn180"" is disabled and :

"ChrPerksList.list.Turn180.condition.ShipSpeedUp = true; //Armada: Turn180 is now 'club hauling', so no need for this perk."

So its a separate hability that dosnt show up on the perk list?

You're playing in Iron Man mode, full realism is applied, Club Hauling and a couple of other perks are deemed to be unrealistic and are disabled. If you want to be able to use Club Hauling, you'll need to play on something less than Iron Man mode, and you'll also probably need to edit "InternalSettings.h" to change "REALISTIC_ABILITIES" to 0.

Back