• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Adding sidequests in storylines

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hellow,

I don't know how to call this thread but I have choose for WIP (you may correct if it isn't correct)

I know @Levis was planning to add side quests in al storylines and I was wondering if I could do something with this? I have done this in the Jack Sparrow storyline now and maybe I can try if I can add them in others as well. I'm quite familar with it now so maybe I can do something here. I have the time hehehe :p

If anyone agrees I take care of this as my project I'll be happy to do this but before I can do this I like to know whats the plan exactly. Which quests do you want in which storylines and what has already be done? If anyone can give me any instructions about this I would be happy to work on this as my own project ;)

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Aye :cheers

If I remember it correctly @Levis has tell me he wants to check with sidequest matched best in which storyline. I think that in the Bartolomeu and Assassin storyline other sidequest will be enabled then in La Croix or Jack Aubrey or something. Shouldn't surprise me :razz

And what about the kapitein Kick quest I've created myself? Add these to?

If you want I can add this in standard storyline before the next WIP. Thats not more then 5 minuts work for me hehehe:p

And what about the kapitein Kick quest I've created myself? Add these to?
For Jack Sparrow: Why not? That one doesn't have the Rys Bloom one.

If you want I can add this in standard storyline before the next WIP. Thats not more then 5 minuts work for me hehehe:p
I'd suggest not doing that; otherwise we have the same quest twice in the same storyline.

I wanted to move the sidequests to the main folder and have checks in them to see if you can have them in the storyline you are playing, but this takes a lot of time to get done and I dont have the time and motivation to do so. So be my guest and add them as you want.

I wanted to move the sidequests to the main folder and have checks in them to see if you can have them in the storyline you are playing, but this takes a lot of time to get done and I dont have the time and motivation to do so. So be my guest and add them as you want.

Okay no problem but it will take some time before I'm finished with this. Add them in Bartolomeu and Elting as well then?

Ow yeah I noticed the Misstress Ching quest is missing in Jack Sparrow as te last pirate lord. If you want I can solve this. I could change Claire Larrouse in Misstress Ching for that. You only have to tell me then how to add the quest book update of the Pirate Lord quest ;)
I think I can fix this and add her to the game as well this weekend ;)

I believe the person working on the hoist the colours storyline isn't here anymore so feel free. I still want to add some more to that storyline to but haven't found the time yet.
The other storylines I'm not sure. I think it can be done tough. Else play the storyline for a little bit to see if it would fit.

I think @Captain Maggee originally intended that unfinished added sidequest to be the Mistress Ching one. But that never happened and indeed he is no longer around.
It would be great to complete the set of pirate Lords! :cheers

Looks interesting, you want to add Angelica Teach too and what do you say of adding Syrena etc. Maybe it is possible to do something with it. I can learn a lot again hehehe :p

But for now I shall first try to fix the remaining 'bugs' from the side quests I ve added and make the Claire Larousse the Mistress Ching quest, can someone tell me how to add a new message at the quest book there after meeting Ching in the Tavern?

I must say I have a lot of plans too with the game ;). If you want I can send these in a PM. Easier for me to tell in Dutch hehehe, we can then see if we can do something with it or not, of course I will be the one trying to add it then ;)

use the addquestrecord and check the folder POTC\RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\JackSparrow\QUESTBOOK for the files where the different options are stored.
If you add a new file you will need a new game I believe

btw I still wanna add the "sacked nassau without firing a single shot" and "impersanoting as a clerq of the curch of england" too :p.

you should check this post:
http://piratesahoy.net/threads/making-a-new-quest.11382/page-2#post-231958

and search these forums a bit. Also check the documentations folder for potc. there is a tutorials file in there. Not everything is completly up to date but it sometimes does point your in the right direction.

So I think the Mistress Ching quest is almost finished. I will look at the quest book tomorrow, there need to be more changings there for the quests ;)

Btw is there a file with ship models too? I have to give Ching another ship then a brig, thats not a ship for a pirate lord:razz

And I believe the quest must be disabeled so you can't play it for the meeting of Davy Jones just as the others right? How can I do that? Of course thats the last thing I do, must be sure the quest is working before that hehehe but I think it does :yes

Most quests leave some kind of attribute so you know it's finished, and at the point where the next one starts you need to check for this.

Alternatively, add the "quest start code" to the Davy Jones encounter.

Btw is there a file with ship models too? I have to give Ching another ship then a brig, thats not a ship for a pirate lord:razz
Well, obviously she would get the "Empress". That's the only Chinese ship we've got.

Easiest for further ship-choosing is to use the Select Storyline customize options with ENABLE_CHEATMODE on.

Alternatively, add the "quest start code" to the Davy Jones encounter.

Where and how, I've never done this before and what is that code exactly?

Well, obviously she would get the "Empress". That's the only Chinese ship we've got.

I agreed with this, do you know the code from that ship or is it just Empress?

Easiest for further ship-choosing is to use the Select Storyline customize options with ENABLE_CHEATMODE on.

Why must the cheatmode on for that, you can see it without can you? And uuhm is this the same way at the models that the name/code of the ship is on the screen.

Where and how, I've never done this before and what is that code exactly?
This is where the sidequests are enabled in quests_reaction.c:
Code:
    case "storm_complete":
       ControlsInit(GetTargetPlatform(), false);
       // Screwface
       SaveGlobalOptions();// TIH return the key settings to the user Sep3'06
       // Screwface : end

PostEvent("DoInfoShower",100,"s","");

reStorePassengers("Blaze");
       pchar.tempmoney = pchar.money;
       pchar.money = 0;
       pchar.quest.main_line = "speak_with_peasant";
       pchar.quest.Luc_start.over = "yes";
       pchar.jack = "pirate";
       PChar.Flags.Personal = 1; // PB: Non-British Jack-flag
       PChar.Flags.Personal.texture = 3;
       LAi_QuestDelay("Reset_Prison_comm", 0.0);
       if(GetAttribute(pchar, "Turks") == "0")
       {
         LAi_QuestDelay("Turks_taken_by_brotherhood", 0.0);
       }
       if(GetAttribute(pchar, "Davy") == "helped")
       {
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].model = "9JC";
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].headmodel = "h_9JC";
       }
       else
       {
         SetNextWeather("Super Fog"); // PB
         Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].headmodel = ""; // PB
       }
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Davy Jones"), "Oxbay_shore_01", "goto", "locator10");
       DoQuestReloadToLocation("Oxbay_shore_01", "goto", "citizen02", "to_oxbay_shore_complete");

// Thomas the Terror: Chevalle side quest available now
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Captaine Chevalle"), "PoPrince_tavern", "goto", "goto2");
       // Captain Maggee: Villanueva set to Brothel
       if (ENABLE_BROTHEL == 1)
       {
         ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Eduardo Villanueva"), "Tortuga_Brothel_room", "goto", "locator3");
       }
       else
       {
         ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Eduardo Villanueva"), "Tortuga_Townhall", "goto", "goto2");
       }
       // Captain Maggee: Sumbhajee side quest available now
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Sumbhajee"), "Havana_Tavern", "sit", "sit19");
       ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "Havana_Tavern", "goto", "goto7");
       // Captain Maggee: Sao Feng side quest available now
       pchar.quest.ANIMISTS = "1";
       // Captain Maggee: Jocard side quest available now
       PChar.quest.Story_Artois_Nigel.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Story_Artois_Nigel.win_condition.l1.character = PChar.id;
       PChar.quest.Story_Artois_Nigel.win_condition.l1.location = "Oranjestad_town";
       PChar.quest.Story_Artois_Nigel.win_condition = "Install_Voysey_And_Blythe";
     break;
Move the code from StartStoryline.c into that quest case instead.

I agreed with this, do you know the code from that ship or is it just Empress?
Just "Empress". Select Storyline should be able to tell you that as well.

Why must the cheatmode on for that, you can see it without can you? And uuhm is this the same way at the models that the name/code of the ship is on the screen.
If you have the cheatmode on, you see ALL appropriate ships; otherwise you only see the small ones.

you could for example add "pchar.quest.seen_davy_jones = true;" at the place where you encountered davy jones.
And then at the place where the quest start do a check (probally a dialog option).
Code:
if(GetAttribute(pchar,"quest.seen_davy_jones"))
{
code here
}

So I think the quest is about to finish, it works and the ship is changed as well. These are the last things to do to finish it:

* Editing the quest book notes (Do this myself :))
* Add that Davy Jones thing so the quest can't start before meeting him
* Make a quest book updated after Ching said she's the Pirate Lord of the Pacific Ocean.

Can anyone help me a little with the second and third thing. Still don't get it what is must add where, if you want I can upload the files you need to so you can take a look at it (I want to know which files of course) :)

The second thing isn't hard.
Find out which character starts the quest and do it the same as the other ones (check pieters code). Probally there also has to be a "remove" part at the start of the storyline.

The third part I could help you with but I think you can figure it out yourself. Just look at the other ones

Back