• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Admiral's Key

Try a lookin' in de bow areas o' de ships! :huh
Dat be whar ol' Fred Bob found it! :shrug

Can anyone offer any advice finding the admiral's key? Racing around and can't find it! Thanks!

It is next to impossible to be noticed. I myself went three times over the spot where it was and didn't find it. So the best is look in the cheats topic and replace the key with something big - a sword or even bigger. And don't forget to restore the original textures after.

Yeah, this quest is really retarded. The gems in the grass are bad enough, but at least the area is fairly small, you can turn the grass off, and the gems are a contrasting color. But a tiny brown key on several brown and splotchy ship decks? Pixel hunting is a design flaw, not something you put into a game as content! Hence why I don't feel bad about cheating on this one.
Personally, I recommend swapping it for the ladder model. It stands upright, so it's really easy to notice.

And it's not like it would've been all that difficult to make this quest interesting either. You ask around, find out someone else already found it. You go see them but find them dead, killed by one of the Admiral's men, who's about to take the key back to the Admiral. You can kill him for it, or you can talk to him, in which case you find out he's not against making a little on the side. Only problem is, he has the key but he doesn't know what it opens. But if you find out, he agrees to split the loot with you 50:50. After you tell him you already know, he gives you the key and waits in a secluded spot for you to report back. You can give him half the loot or kill him, or you can simply not show up, in which case he rats you out to the Admiral and you get punished for stealing his stuff and also framed for the murder of the original finder.
But no, instead we get a pixel hunt. Hm.

Fred Bob be suspectin' dat de key doesn't appear til the rumor be received dat de Admiral lost his key! :shrug
De ladder substitution werked great, but even dat 'twas kinda hard to spot jammed up against de bowsprit! :facepalm
Try lookin' in de bow area o' either de Fury or de Pluto... ;)

Back