• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates and Age of Pirates 2 On Sale

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzScym8PI/AAAAAAAAAH0/t_BwhLJgKp0/age-of-pirates.gif[/imgleft]
[imgleft]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzSVtr3LI/AAAAAAAAAIA/hsoRWlFn4Po/aop2-coas.jpg[/imgleft]I just ran across this over at BluesNews, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales and Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships are both now on sale at %50 off over at GamersGate! AOP is on sale for $4.99, and you can get it HERE! While AOP definitely had it's flaws, it is well worth picking up for $5! If you haven't given CoAS a try yet, now is the time! You can pick up a copy of Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships for $9.99 HERE!

That's really cool! We should make an article about this, mentioning our modding work and post it to the ModDB for the sake of promoting us! :woot

Now if we could just convince someone that POTC should be made available as well!! :modding

Different publisher doesn't help. :facepalm

Would anyone be willing to write an article-ish thing about this for the ModDB?
It'd need to add the news, obviously, but also our work on the Combined Modpack, as well as the prospects for the future.
The more people we can convince to buy it now for a reasonable price,
the more we might have playing our incredible CoAS Build 15 in the future (wishful thinking here).

Different publisher doesn't help. :facepalm

Would anyone be willing to write an article-ish thing about this for the ModDB?
It'd need to add the news, obviously, but also our work on the Combined Modpack, as well as the prospects for the future.
The more people we can convince to buy it now for a reasonable price,
the more we might have playing our incredible CoAS Build 15 in the future (wishful thinking here).

Ughh I hope not ... no COAS build mod, just CM v15 :onya

What's the difference? The general idea was that whatever we'd call it,
it'd be a modpack for CoAS combining the best of the PotC Build + CoAS CM.

Just think we shouldn't really add anything from the build mod to COAS, maybe a few small things but that's it

Have you ever looked at the Build Mod? Because if you have even the faintest idea of what you've got in there,
you should know that if nothing from the Build Mod would be added to CoAS, you'd be missing out on an incredible wealth of material.
Not just model-wise, but also gameplay-wise. When comparing the CoAS CM to the PotC Build Mod,
the CM is still a toddler while the Build Mod is approaching full adultery.
As far as most Modders here are concerned, including myself, we'd like to see the CoAS CM reach the same or even higher levels of adultery.
(Note: my phrasing above has nothing to do with age-related content! :razz )

Promiscuity Rules OK :8)

( I had to look up that word in a dictionary ) xD:

:yes I know you meant adultery -as in adulterate - to add a substance to something so that it is no longer pure.

Promiscuous - Haphazardly mixed.

Have you ever looked at the Build Mod? Because if you have even the faintest idea of what you've got in there,
you should know that if nothing from the Build Mod would be added to CoAS, you'd be missing out on an incredible wealth of material.
Not just model-wise, but also gameplay-wise. When comparing the CoAS CM to the PotC Build Mod,
the CM is still a toddler while the Build Mod is approaching full adultery.
As far as most Modders here are concerned, including myself, we'd like to see the CoAS CM reach the same or even higher levels of adultery.
(Note: my phrasing above has nothing to do with age-related content! :razz )

Of Course I have, everyone here probably has lol

Too much Material I think, in the build mod most things that were added just don't really fit in to the game ... like the additional building sets or the AOP ports ... I don't really like the period story lines either ... no offense to the modders because I know a lot of hard work has been put in, just my opinion. I like the build mod 13 thou, if little parts of 14 were added to that : perfect

I do like the addition of the POTC build mod ships thou, some of those are really awesome!

Fiend mate, Again, of course you are entitled to your opinion you rapscallion, but with your latest comments, I have to ask, how many hours have you really played POTC Build 14? Really??? :facepalm
I can honestly say I've only spent about 60 to 70 hours playing POTC and didn't even scratch the surface. :bow

The ONLY reason I like COAS CM better is because of the improved graphics, more realistic swordplay(which is still clunky compared to other games), and what I think is an easier GUI. As Pieter said, POTC is far more mature and has been developed to full adulthood/maturity, whereas COAS is still a kid. (I will say I think it's above toddler stage now, but still a snot nosed kid nonetheless compared to POTC)

I for one, would absolutely LOVE!!!! to see all of the incredibly deep, well developed, immersive quests and storylines that make POTC so interesting, migrated to a hybrid of these two AWESOME games! But then that's just MY opinion. :doff

MK

Well I always was a Rascal ... it was my favorite Reputation in POTC (Besides "bloke") xD:

"But then that's just MY opinion"

Right! :urgh

*crawls out from under a rock*

"Everyone - prepare for a monstrous shock!!"

I avoid all the storylines but the original, unless I'm doing a review of the Build. :shock: I haven't even played the one that I'm a character in. xD: Doesn't mean I think there's anything wrong with 'em, but, ya know, I get sidetracked.

*runs away before he gets beat over the head*

*crawls out from under a rock*

"Everyone - prepare for a monstrous shock!!"

I avoid all the storylines but the original, unless I'm doing a review of the Build. :shock: I haven't even played the one that I'm a character in. xD: Doesn't mean I think there's anything wrong with 'em, but, ya know, I get sidetracked.

*runs away before he gets beat over the head*

I do the exact same thing Stallion! I hope my head won't get beaten also ...

What's wrong with our Storylines and Periods mods???
You don't HAVE to use the ones you don't want, but it does offer a lot more variety and gameplay value than would otherwise be the case.
And there's enough people who either don't like the earlier periods or the later ones, so at least they get the choice,
as opposed of sticking everything together in the same fantasy period and encountering US steamships in the same game as old Spanish galleons. :facepalm
And the storylines we've got are really good. The Bartolomeu and Assassin ones offer a lot stuff you won't see in other storylines,
while the Jack Sparrow one offers movie gameplay as well as a lot of options and the Hornblower one offers navy gameplay.
You don't HAVE to play them if you don't want them, but why anyone would want to not even have them available is beyond my understanding.

Oh... and we know the additional buildings are weird. That's why we've added an option that turns them off.
And as for the AoP towns, they do look a bit out of place, but would you rather all the new towns would look the same?
At least there's great variety in the Build Mod locations, which can't be said for CoAS,
because although the towns are different, they still look the same. :facepalm
(This is an issue with the GAME, not with the CM. :no )

Not liking PotC is fair enough, but saying there's something wrong (other than bugs/gameplay issues) with our efforts is a different thing.
What would be wrong with Periods and Storylines when adapted to CoAS?

Back