• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Pirates: Captain Blood

The game isn't released yet. From what I understand, it's not even going to be released for PC.

For the PC also.. here's a news from Gamespot 29th June 2009 :

Captain Blood for Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC - We unfortunately didn't get a chance to try playing this one, but it appears to be a third-person action game reminiscent of the recent Prince of Persia games or the God of War series, in that you have a relatively nimble protagonist armed with a melee weapon (in this case, a gleaming curved cutlass) and can press your attack button repeatedly to perform combination melee attacks against your enemies, which appear include rival pirates and the local constabulary. You play as the titular sea captain, star of author Rafael Sabatini's swashbuckling novels, and both explore land areas and manage ship-to-ship combat by taking manual control of the cannons on your ships and firing on enemy ships with the aid of glowing onscreen arcs. The game will be released on the PC and the Xbox 360 this year.

I'm worried.

There is NO gameplay footage of the ship-to-ship battles. I checked for 3 hours. NONE.

Most of the reviews and descriptions of the game talk about ship battles, but there aren't any movies or screenshots of them.

Do the sea battles suck so badly that the developer is ashamed to let anyone see?

EDIT: Ok, I found one: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/data/games/568/1885_captain_blood_016.jpg Looks not bad, but is it from the early version of the game?

How long has this game been in production? :?

If I recall correctly Captain Maggee, the development of it was first announced back in 2004! It was originally supposed to be a faithful retelling of the book. I am pretty sure that Captain blood never had a Salad Shooter of Death! :mm The original release date I think was in 2006 ...they missed that by a a month or two! xD:

I haven't seen a whole lot of news on it's development, 1C's home page currently shows a release date of Q3 2010, last time I checked it was Q2.

Not anymore, I think, though I recall development did start on the Storm engine.

It uses Storm 3.0 which is fully uncompatible with Storm 2.0-2.8 :( (no RPG-like scripts at all)

Back