• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Age of Sail Novels

About Patrick O'Brian's Master & Commander:

"the first stiry is a bit mechanical and has too many details. The others are much better. lots of humor, many good stories, Aubrey and Stephen are in many ways like Kirk and Spok. And when it comes to Maturin's spy adventures it gets even better"

"Birds of Prey, its early exploration - right before the decline of the Dutch in Africa. Sort of a Knights Templar meets Age of Exploration captains. Phenomenal writer. The book "Birds of Prey" is great to start with , if you're interested."

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Corsair-Emilio-Salgari/dp/0978270789 as recommended by @Tempesta

In fact, he and his band Neufragant wrote and performed a heavy metal song inspired by it! :bow

Thanks for the shout out! xD
In fact, half of our upcoming album will be based on "The Black Corsair" (Il Corsaro Nero) novel ;)

That's by far my favorite novel from Emilio Salgari. His work is really well known here in South America and Italy as well, his homeland.
I remember having a hard time finding the English version of them.

Here is my ranked list! :checklist

1. Treasure Island - RL Stevenson :bonaparte
  2. The Black Corsair - Emilio Salgari
  3. Sandokan & the tigers of Mompracem - Emilio Salgari
  4. Sandokan - Emilio Salgari
  5. The Mapmaker - Frank Slaughter
  6. Pirates and Templars - Ernesto Frers (Essay)
  7. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym - Edgar Allan Poe
  8. The Cursed Ship - Emilio Salgari
Honorable mentions:
Cup of Gold: A Life of Sir Henry Morgan - John Steinbeck
Ramage & the Freebooters - Dudley Pope

Pending list:

Hornblower series - C.S. Forester
Captain Alatriste series - Arturo Perez Reverte
Captain Blood - Rafael Sabatini
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas

Back