• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Agent questtext doesn't take gender into account

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
"I am a free man"
Probably should take the gender of the character into account. Especially because Milady de Winter is the default one on agent and she is female

The full sentence is "However, I am a free man and quite capable of deciding what to do for myself". My suggestions, then:
"However, I am free to decide what to do for myself."
"However, I am quite capable of deciding what to do for myself."

Even better, edit "Program\Storyline\FreePlay\Quests\both_reaction.c", case "Agent_Continue":
Code:
if (PChar.sex == "man") AddQuestRecord("Beginning_Agent", 1);
else AddQuestRecord("Beginning_Agent", 2);
and then add line 2 to "Beginning_Agent.txt" as suitable for a woman.

Well @Levis, what do you think? Any of the simple solutions is fine by me.

Even better, edit "Program\Storyline\FreePlay\Quests\both_reaction.c", case "Agent_Continue":
Code:
if (PChar.sex == "man") AddQuestRecord("Beginning_Agent", 1);
else AddQuestRecord("Beginning_Agent", 2);
and then add line 2 to "Beginning_Agent.txt" as suitable for a woman.
That should work, of course. But I like your other suggestions as they're even simpler.
I've got to admit I always like the simplest solutions. :cheeky

The third one is so simple even I can do it, and indeed, did something similar for my own storyline. ;) Try these.

Slightly more complicated, though not much, might be to add another 'PreProcessor' line before the 'SetQuestHeader' line to define "sex", then put "#ssex#" in place of "man" in "Beginning_Agent.txt". Then you don't have two long lines differing only in one word. But I like simple as well. :D

Attachments

• both_reaction.c
    150.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Beginning_Agent.txt
    418 bytes · Views: 99
Im fine with any solution 2 different texts for different genders is fine with me.

Back