• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy all

Sireuri

Landlubber
Hello all. New to the mod, used to play potc back on xbox. So i am glad i found this, and look forward to the remaster thats in development.

A few things i just enabled logging so hopefully in a day or 2 i will have better answers but i have having a crash randomly when opening chests on ships i board.
I am also having a weird freeze everytime im on the world map and the day changes.
I also cannot dock at the port in Grenada, i have to go to leviathan rock and through the jungles to get there. Ill get the save files and logs here soon

Other than that it is fantastic. I have figured out a few things on the trade end and i am loving it. Took over my first settlement (though it maybe smugglers hideout but ill take the win) and working my way to attempt a fort.
I did have a question about ships, i cannot seem to find any ships higher than tier 4. I briefly saw a tier 1 at the shipyard in kralendijk. But when i went to sell a few things to buy it, after coming back it was gone. So i am wondering how i can obtain these large warships since i dont have much luck with boarding (level 36 and still getting my ass kicked by nations navel crews when boarding)

Hope to hear from you all and sorry for the randomness of the posting

Which version are you running? There certainly used to be a common bug whereby looting chests or corpses during boarding would crash the game, but that was fixed some time ago.

What happens when you try to dock at Grenada? Try deleting the file "options" which you'll find at the top level of the game installation folder (not in "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE"). You'll also find the log files "compile.log", "system.log", and sometimes "error.log" there as well.

That brings up the next question - where did you install the game? If it's in "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" then Windows security will cause trouble. Put it somewhere else - anywhere else! My own installation is "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

Practice your melee. Buy good armour for yourself and all the officers in your immediate party. Battle cuirass is good. Gilt cuirass is best, and at level 36 you should be able to find it, though not everywhere - for some reason Spanish ports seem most likely to sell it, so go to San Juan, visit all the street traders as well as the blacksmith and the store, and buy every gilt cuirass you can find. Also give your officers decent weapons - either buy them or loot them from dead enemies. You can also put weapons and armour into the ship's locker, which you'll find in your cabin; the boarding crew will then use these weapons and armour. Once you and your officers are well equipped and have good melee skill, then you can go looking for warships. Until then, board merchants, they're easier and more profitable, which will help you raise the money to buy all that armour.

I am on build 14 beta 4 WIP 2 APR 2016
When i try to dock it gives no option no signifier to being able to but im sitting right next to the dock

i just deleted that file and will give it a try later today. Game is installed just in a folder on my desktop
Yeah i just got the guilded one last night, seems great honestly. Finally found a blacksmith too after truly exploring ports so my laziness got me there .
Oh i had no idea i could do that. Im going to start stacking up that chest then

Also i discovered last night that i was able to land troops when conquering the pirate fort at palm beach on bonaire repeatedly for ransom about 6 or 7 times in a row. Once i went to the world map and came back i wasn't able to do it again. Not sure if it was a bug but i felt like i was cheating the system

Had another issue where i am not able to continue the search for rheams quest. I got to the lighthouse, Danielle came up to me started some diag, said i had to many people, so got rid of them sailed to kralendijk and she isnt there. I sailed back to the lighthouse and she was standing there, cant interact or do anything to continue the quest

Once i hop on today i will upload everything i have to see if you guys can recreate it. Thanks for the help brother

HP Envy
Optimized windows 10 version 1903
Nvidia 940m graphics card
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
16 GB RAM

Attachments

• system.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 189
  • compile.log
    18.2 KB · Views: 187
  • error.log
    350 bytes · Views: 198
  • -=Player=- Open Sea September 23rd, 1751.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
I am on build 14 beta 4 WIP 2 APR 2016
That is ancient! Start with a fresh install from CD, then run the installer from the link provided by @DavyJack. For preference, also download, extract and copy into place the "Extra Fix Archive". You will need to start a new game as the new version will not recognise a saved game from the old version.

A lot of bugs have been fixed since 2016, including the one about crashing after looting chests during boarding. There's also a lot of new stuff - new side quests, new character models, new ships.

The docking locator at Grenada is not quite next to the dock. You may need to sail around a bit before you find it and get the docking icon. If you can find a map of Grenada in a store or from a street trader somewhere, you can use the "Sail-To" feature to teleport straight to the docking spot.

Other than that it is fantastic. I have figured out a few things on the trade end and i am loving it. Took over my first settlement (though it maybe smugglers hideout but ill take the win) and working my way to attempt a fort.
Thanks very much!
Sounds like you're having fun. :woot

I did have a question about ships, i cannot seem to find any ships higher than tier 4. I briefly saw a tier 1 at the shipyard in kralendijk. But when i went to sell a few things to buy it, after coming back it was gone. So i am wondering how i can obtain these large warships since i dont have much luck with boarding (level 36 and still getting my ass kicked by nations navel crews when boarding)
They do exist. Mainly in certain WorldMap/DirectSail encounters.
Ships around islands are indeed limited in size.
And only shipyards in large towns sell large ships; and even then only occasionally.

I didnt realize i had such an old build, got it off mod DB so thank you for the updated link. and yes i am enjoying it very much and i look forward to the unreal version you guys are creating.

I didnt realize i had such an old build, got it off mod DB so thank you for the updated link.
Out of curiosity when did you download it?
Because I have updated the ModDB files to the latest version as well.

Though for quite some time it was obsolete, so I guess you got it before I uploaded the newer files.

i look forward to the unreal version you guys are creating.
Not sure where you got that idea from.
The only thing being worked on is Buccaneers! by @Armada from Skyward Digital.
Yep, unfortunately this project has been abandoned for quite a while.
Also to avoid any possible confusion New Horizons remastered is made with Unity; as is Buccaneers!.

Back