• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ahoy and Hello!!

Generis

Landlubber
(OOC)

Good Sailing to you all.. I just signed up and thought I'd drop by the tavern and say a hello to all seafairers.

I found this site by accident, having recently re-installed POTC for "another go" at trying to play it. I like the game, but it lacked something.
I was looking for a printable map, as the game didn't have one ingame to view. So I Googled as many do, and lo and behold I see something about a Build. So I take a peek and BOOM!...
One thing I have been hoping to see eventually has been lurking in the murky seas is a modification of this game. And I have to say, you've made it the game it should have been. I've only just started my POTCBuild experience, and I'm having a look, (and a tweak, thanks to the very clear instructions) and its exciting to play again.

So.. extra rum for the men, and the bar tab is on me! Thanks guys!

Capt. Karl R. Hart

Commander of the British Lugger, "Generis"

Welcome to the forum, mate! I'm glad you enjoy our work! :woot

Which modpack version are you running now? Build 13 Final or Build 14 Beta 1?
Either way. I'm sure you'll find a LOT of new stuff to enjoy, especially in the latter version.
Oh... and we EVEN have viewable maps in the game. :wp

We're still working on improving and finishing it and you're welcome to support us with comments and feedback or actually joining in the modding. :doff

Ahoy Karl R Hart, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Thankyou folks! I'm running Build 13 Final at the moment. I'd love to get involved with modding, but I have no skills and experience in the field. I wish I had, as I have the utmost respect to the folks that can make our games so much better. I'll take a look at Build 14 if you recommend it :)

Few of us had much experience when we first started mate, we just learned as we went along. Some of us, like me, that were to thick-headed to actually learn to code, just contribute the best we can to the community.

Build 14 is very much a work in progress, though it is very playable with a LOT of added content! Just have a few bugs to iron out, and a couple of story lines that need finishing. In my sig, you will find a link to a History and Tutorial PDF manual that I put together(Shameless plug! :woot ) for build 14. It has a lot of good moding tutorials written by the original modders for earlier builds. It should help give you a basic understanding of how some things work if your interested in trying to learn. There is also another manual included with the actual build it's self that gives a bit more history on PA and some tips on gameplay. Again, welcome aboard and fair winds mate!

Build 14 Beta 1 is indeed still a WIP, but is quite playable and contains an incredible wealth of new content over Build 13 Final.
Have a look at our ModDB Profile at www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons to get an overview of what to expect.

Pretty much all Modders here started out not having much modding skills. We learned as we went along by doing and by the support of the rest of the community.
If you want to help, we can help you help us. There's all sorts of things that need doing, some of it not complicated at all. :no

Rocketeer to the rescue!!! What needs doing? :woot

I'm good at changing texture colors with my Photoshop. :doff Not so good at modding or making my own textures. :?

Ahoy mate! Welcome onboard! All help is appreciated! :woot

Do you reckon you could make green retextures of the Flying Dutchman's interior deck locations?
Would be nice to have her look at least somewhat cursed when you're walking around on her decks in 3rd person mode.

Ahoy Thar! :dance

I's be a famous pirate frum another island ...Oh! Yes! :woot

'Ave a drink ons me lads! HAR! HAR! HAR!

a1bennsbooze120ax4.gif

Aye, and a fine island she be Ben Gunn! :dance

Welcome mate! Did you finally get out of your marooning? :cheeky

AhhHar!....Dey can't maroon owd Ben shipmate, I's got an 'old on 'em ye sees! ........Oh, Yes! :eek:

Ye sees I be de only one who nose were de key to de GROG is,,,,ANS I be de only oin ooo cans open de BOGG as well! :blah:

So ye sees dey can't get rid on me matey....... No Siree bob! :b:

Besides wich I's got 'em all 'ooked on mi famous brews anyways! :beer HAR! HAR! HAR! :2up

Back