• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

AHOY! major problem

lebo47

Landlubber
hey guys, many of you may not know me because i havent posted here in a while, but some of you older guys might know me from the Sea Dogs 2 forums. anyhow, recently i tried to do some minor altercations to the game code, and now it doesn't work any more. i was wondering if the mod packs reinstall the default coding with the changes, or does it just add on like a trainer. if it totally reinstalls the coding with the new effects, i might be able to get the game working again. please help me! my brotherhood is going to be in a new big mod coming out for the game and i am in it, so i would love to be playing again by then lol. to all those who remember me, ahoy! :p::

well, here is the problem. i can't acess disk one since that is the one that is all screwed up, but i cant reinstall the coding since i uninstalled the game in anger. if i want to reinstall the game i have to acess the cd. i can get all the functional coding onto my computer, but how to replace it onto a disc that i cant acess. maybe i could do some crazy replication, where i download all the updates and shit and use a `no-cd` crack to make my computer think that the `off-disk` directories are the actual game.....or something like that. any suggestions? (realizes he could just buy a new game, but where is the challange in that? :cheers )

this who's your daddy sounds like cheat to warcraft3
???????????????
is it your `cd-rom` or your `cd-rom`-drive ? that has an error ?
I had a ms office cd with read errors on .......
I copied it into my new comp. (new `cd-drive`) and burned a cd with it on.
then no problems with installing ms office again ...........
:cheers

yeah yeah, i have to change the word censor, i know i havnt got around to it ill do it soon though

oh no it is the cd itself, not the drive. you see, i bit off more than i could chew with modding (not that much since i have no modding experience lol) and the game stopped working. i tried reinstalling the game, but the game wouldnt reinstall. the build 11 patch has the functional coding i need to make the game run again (i figure that i can just delete the screwed up code and replace it with the new) but i cant access the game to fix it because i would have to install the game to do that, but since it is all messed up, setup.exe doesn't function. damn. :x

is it only the setup file or .....
If U have a `cd-burner` then U just might have a `cd-checking` tool ....
and if u do, try make a `cd-image` of the cd1, and then burn it .....
:cheers

loli dont know if it is just that. i am just going to buy a new one. but it does provoke the need for a way to save people's ass when they do something like that. maybe a downloadable "default coding for morons who screwed up and have no programming background or knowhow of any sort so now they cant even reinstall the game" file lol

Um, whether the game _thinks_ it's installed or not, if you have:
Modules folder and all the DLLs
Engine.exe
RESOURCE folder and all resources

Then, once you get the PROGRAM folder somewhere, you'll be good to go.

FTM the build includes a nocd patch IIRC.

And, if you need the _original_ program folder, I can email you that.

gets here tommarow lol. the cd was barely in functioning condition anyhow, somehow gum got all over it and it is all scratched up so it is time for a new one anyhow

yeah i take horrible care of my games, my friends always come over and gasp at me when they see cd's lying everywhere lol

Back